Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

tumors

elliptically shaped 1 cm subcutaneous mass on slice #4. occipital , 1 cm neuroma or other connective tissue mass. I have referral to anderson cancer center for treatment??? doc report reads"suspicious of cancer" want to finish school 12 more weeks. its occipital , both subcutaneous. Cancer? benign tumors? more than one relivant? no big deal? Karen this is supposed to be  neurologist. can u give to neurologist?

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Good Morning and thanks for your patience. It does not look like there is a neurologist available at this moment.

Can I be of assistance?
Oops! I pressed the answer button by mistake above :(

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes can u give to neurologist. I actually did press the correct button.

And ur a eye doc? Im waiting payiently?

Karen

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The tumors in back of head

Karen,

Sorry we keep missing each other online :(

Yes. I am an eye surgeon......

I am glad that you have had the tumors imaged and reviewed by your doctor. If he is concerned enough about them to send you to one of the best cancer treatment centers in the World, I would follow his advice and go.

If everything turns out OK...and the only way to know if it is benign or a cancer or something else is to have it biopsied, then I would take the time and get that accomplished as soon as possible....you can make up the 12 weeks of school once your health is taken care of.

So. What is the take home message? Go to MD Anderson cancer center; come back later and make up the lost time at school.

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I appreciate the personal adivice. However, im wondering if there sending me to a cancercenter? Does that mean I cant wait? Whats the wirst that can happen if I wait?:(

Karen Conway

That is a very good question.

Let's go with a worse case scenario: It is a terrible cancer that spreads all over.

If you wait,then it could spread so far (like a melanoma to your liver) that nothing can be done and you die.

If, on the other hand, you go to the cancer center and it turns out to be nothing, the worst thing that can happen is that you are, at the most, 12 weeks behind in your schooling.

Since I took 7 years to obtain my 4 year degree I can tell you from experience that 3 extra months won't hurt you at all :)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC