Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I have an loose tooth and its infected. my question I kissed

I have an loose tooth and it's infected. my question I kissed someone before they told me they were HIV Infection. He told me this after we kissed, now I'm worried, I might have contracted hiv like majic johnson has he told me. should get some anti virus from gnc? I ordered a home kit to tell me right away. it's a two pack.

Thank you for using this site. I am Dr Ken and would do the best I can to answer your question.

Do not forget - The deposit you placed to asked this question in not used to compensate me until you rate my answer. Please remember when you are asked for rating, you are rating 'My Service' and not the site itself or your device.

Was it a deep {wet} kiss? Did he have any bleeding within his mouth or a sore?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No. It was a french kiss.

The other expert is offline, but I will be happy t help you.

Kissing is generally NOT considered to be a route of transmission for HIV infection.

The CDC has provided this answer in regards XXXXX XXXXX risk of HIV transmission from kissing:

There are extremely rare cases of HIV being transmitted via deep “French” kissing but in each case, infected blood was exchanged due to bleeding gums or sores in the mouth. Because of this remote risk, it is recommended that individuals who are HIV-infected avoid deep, open-mouth “French” kissing with a non-infected partner, as there is a potential risk of transferring infected blood. Summary:

• There is no risk of transmission closed-mouth kissing.
  • There is a remote risk from deep, open-mouth kissing if there are sores or bleeding gums and blood is exchanged. Therefore, persons living with HIV should avoid this behavior with a non-infected partner.

I honestly would NOT worry about this kiss, since transmission is really EXTREMELY rare - essentially as close to "impossible" as one can get unless the HIV positive person had active bleeding.

Family Physician, Doctor
Experience: Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years