Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience
15267045

I went to a neurologist yesterday with pain since sat and everything

I went to a neurologist yesterday with pain since sat and everything came back ok but today the right side of my inner Butt has swallon to an enormous size I'm thinking I have interior hemroid ...starting using the ph suppository ....anything else I can do?

Mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Mysticdoc :

Mysticdoc :

Thanks for your question.

Mysticdoc :

Do you have any blood in the stool?

Mysticdoc :

Is the swelling inside your anus?

Mysticdoc : Thanks for your question.
Mysticdoc : Do you have any blood in the stool?
Mysticdoc : Is the swelling inside your anus?
The causes of such swelling and pain would include infections like localised cellulitis/perianal abscess,haematoma secondary to local injury and pilonidal sinus apart from other rarer causes.The commonest cause would be a localised infection by bacteria .It would be best to see your PCP/Surgeon who can examine you and investigate you.A proctoscopy and digital rectal examination will reveal any involvement of the anus and any hemorrhoids. You may need analgesics,and antibiotics for the swelling.
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience: MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I had no bowel movement today and it seems like there is swelling in the anal area as well.

It would be best if you saw your PCP who could examine you and do a DRE(Digital Rectal Examination)and proctoscopy to find out the exact cause.The possible causes of anal swelling would include Ano-Rectal abscess,Hemorrhoids, thrombosed pile, acute prostatitis,secondary to Ulcerative Colitis or Crohn's disease.It would be best if the causes were assessed by your PCP/Surgeon.Taking plenty of water and a high fibre diet including metamucil/Isupgul would help soften your stool.