Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Good morning. Yesterday I had an immigration medical. I ped

Good morning. Yesterday I had an immigration medical. I ped into a cup and the doctor said I had trace blood and trace protein in the unine. I have had this for years whenever i have had physicals done. Needless to say since my potential Visa hangs in the ballance I am worried and unable to recah my family doctor at the hoilday time. Is it a concern?

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

Have you had this issue fully explored by your physician recently?

RickMD :

It is a concern in as much as blood and protein in your urine has to be evaluated in depth. If this has been done recently and everything found to be OK then it needs to be closely followed.

RickMD :

If you can provide documentation to the immigration officials from your MD that this issue has been fully explored, nothing serious has been found and it is being closely followed and you have a plan to continue medical care when you get into the country I believe you will have a good argument to allow immigration.

RickMD :

Of course immigration status is totally up to the country thinking about admitting you.

Customer:

good morning

Customer:

no they never seem too concerned

RickMD :

It might be wise, in addition to getting as much documentation from your MD as possible to also hire a lawyer knowledgeable about immigration laws.

Customer:

the doctor who did the phycical and my family doc is different. The immigration doc was selected by the embassy

RickMD :

I understand, but the medical concerns your doctor --who knows you well -- are different then the concerns that the immigration officers have......and you have to meet the concerns of the immigration office at this point.

Customer:

so i get tense when another doc looks at me

Customer:

they require all documentataion to be from their slected doc

Customer:

oh well.

RickMD :

I can understand your tension with this issue. The Immigration MD from the embassy will understand and, probably, accept the findings of your personal physician. He should incorporate your doctors data into his report.

Customer:

i thank you but you didnt provide anything i didnt know

RickMD :

Unfortunately, there is no way to speed up this process......you are kinda stuck at this point in a governmental delay...

Customer:

i dont mean to sound ungrateful but I am more wooried than concerned because every time I have has a physical for years, this has showed up and no one has caused me alarm before

RickMD :

That is because there is really nothing else to say.......it is not a concern per your regular MD but it is, and will be until proven otherwise, to the immigration officials and MD

Customer:

i feel better than I have felt for years

Customer:

the attending doc said it may be wise to follow up but he wanst too concerned either

RickMD :

But you can understand that you are now dealing with a different group of people with a different set of goals then giving you medical care...they just want to screen, and let in or keep out, people from getting a visa

Customer:

i will follow up but wonder if this will be an obstacle

RickMD :

They just have a set of black and white rules...with no real wiggle room.

Customer:

yep

Customer:

ok thk

Customer:

im sorry for being a big sissy

RickMD :

It might be but, from what you have posted I think you can get around this road block. I would get to work gathering all your documents and not despair that this will block your visa forever.

RickMD :

Your not a big sissy....I fully understand what you are going through....been there, done that myself :(

Customer:

its the hoildyas too and there is a signifigant delay becaiuse everyone is away. I wanted not to worry

Customer:

your kind

RickMD :

An I believe you shouldn't worry. Just be patient and enjoy the holidays and relax

Customer:

thanks

RickMD :

Thank you for saying that. I try....

Customer:

amen

Customer:

bye

RickMD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

RickMD :

Bye. Take care.