Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

my wife has a body temp of 95.7 and she is cool and clammy

my wife has a body temp of 95.7 and she is cool and clammy with a little bit of sweating.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

Does she have any medical problems or take any medication?

RickMD :

What other symptoms does she have?

RickMD :

What type of thermometer was used -- oral, ear, rectal, etc?

RickMD :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

RickMD : I am online and happy to help you with your question today.
RickMD : Does she have any medical problems or take any medication?
RickMD : What other symptoms does she have?
RickMD : What type of thermometer was used -- oral, ear, rectal, etc?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When she was a teenager she had a tumor removed left side of her face. She needs to have a laminectomy done on her lower back (i believe L4-L5).
She started her period.

She got up this morning and she had to sit down because she said everything was going black and she felt like she was abought to faint.

She is taking no prescribed meds. She has nkda.She has had moderate to severe lower back pain for about 5 months.

Used a thermometer that you scan over the skin of the head.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Did you get my last reply?

Sorry. I was offline dealing with my daughter who is 8 months pregnant and is sick :(

Low body temperature can be a sign of thyroid problems.

That being said, from what you have posted, I think the best course of action would be to take your wife to the ER for evaluation. Almost passing out is a sign that something, be it dehydration, low blood pressure, heart issues etc, is going on.

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick