Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I found blood spots on my underwear. I have a burning sensation

I found blood spots on my underwear. I have a burning sensation in my urether, if that is the right name. What causes that and should I see a doctor soon or can I wait?
I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

Blood in your underwear at your age should be investigated sooner rather than later.

Could it be a urinary tract infection? Possibly, but I would expect you to have other symptoms if this were the case.

While I do not believe that this is an emergency I suggest you call your doctor and try to be seen as soon as possible just to be on the safe side.

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have a lot of cancer in my family. Could this be a cancer of bladder, etc?

I would not rush to think that this spot of blood represents bladder cancer at this point. While that is, of course, possible, there are many, many less serious (and more common) issues that could be a work here.

Try not to worry too much, but do have it checked out :)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Hi Janet,

I was just thinking about you today and was wondering what your doctor found. I hope the bleeding was nothing serious and you are doing better already.

Have a Happy and Healthy Holiday Season.