Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Just under my chin feels like a lump and hurts when I touch

Just under my chin feels like a lump and hurts when I touch it, I also feel like I have fluif (catarhh) in my ears and its not easy to swallow. I dont have a fever or any cold symptoms
I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

How long has this been going on for?

Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?

How large is the lump and where, exactly, is it located?

Can you upload a picture of the lump?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I felt pain in my glands sunday morning and my ears have felt bad for 3 days. You can feel a lump rather than see it, I felt it today and it feels more tender this evening

Ok. The most likely cause of the lump under your chin, given what you have posted, is a lymph node. It might also be an inflamed/infected salivary gland. An examination by your doctor would be able to tell the two issues apart with brief exam.

Even though you are not experiencing other cold symptoms I would bet that your issue is related to a viral infection. Of course, it may be from a tooth/gum issue, bacterial infection, sinus issue etc.

The best thing since things seem to be getting worse, would be to see your MD. I think this is a better course of action then trying home therapy, only to find yourself getting worse and the unable to get in to see your MD before the weekend.

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick