Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

when I have a bowel movement my stools are dark almost black.

when I have a bowel movement my stools are dark almost black. this has been about 10 days. they can be soft or hard.
I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

do you have any other medical problems or take any other medications then the ones you listed in your post?

Do you have any symptoms with the black stools?

Are your stools tar like in consistency?

I look forward to your reply.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

use inhalor on occasion for asthma. I would say the stools are somewhat tar like in consistency

Thank you for that additional information.

This change in your stool is consistent with internal bleeding somewhere in the upper part of your GI tract.

This is something that you need to have evaluated by a doctor, today if possible. If you can not get in to see your doctor right now then I strongly suggest you go to the ER for an evaluation.

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

I was just thinking about you and wondering if the source of the bleeding in your GI tract was found.

I hope you are feeling better and that everything will be OK.