Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

While showering today I felt a hard rectal module .it was not

While showering today I felt a hard rectal module .it was not painful but it about the size of a small olive.it was on the inner wall of the rectum. I am 54 male have Parkinsons for 7 yrs and take sinemet and other meds. How serious should. I tale this
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

Are you having any other symptoms?

Have you noticed any blood in your stool or no the paper at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No blood, the Parkinsons does at times cause fecal impaction,although of late that is not an issue
Thank your for that extra information.

Well, the most likely cause for this nodule you are feeling is a hemorrhoid. This is even more likely due to the intermittent constipation you experience due to your parkinson's medication.

This is nothing to worry about. That being said, since I can not examine you, it wouldn't hurt to have your MD have a look just to make sure that there is nothing else going on.

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What would require me to see a doctor to rule out colon cancer
I don't think you have colon cancer -- I really think you have a hemorrhoid. But, with chat as my only diagnostic tool it is always better to have a hands on evaluation of any sort of lump or bump.

In my mind, it never hurts to have any bump checked out, whether it be on your arm or your anus.....

Does this make sense?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That makes sense I don't have a pcp but I do have Cigna open access plus in 07960.

What type of on network doctor would I make an appointment witj
A regular internal medicine doctor should be fine at this point. If necessary he can refer you to a GI doctor.

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Have a Healthy and Happy Holiday Season
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC