Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

What is the psychology behind Ruth dating Mark, does she feel that he

What is the psychology behind Ruth dating Mark, does she feel that he was a shadow of his brother? All 4 have had an evening out together but Kay looks at the 3 of them, thinking Ruth has made love to them both and she knows intimate details of John. Is Kay been paranoid? Had Kay and john gone to the city the taxi fare would not have been a problem.
Thank you ….hopefully it won’t take too much longer for me to find the right Professional for you! Please don't respond to this as it may prevent the Professionals from accessing your question. If you want to cancel, please let me know, and I will do that for you. Thank you for your continued patience.
I am online and available to help you today.

Your question is not exactly clear. Is this a real life situation or a homework problem? If homework, when is it due?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is a real life situation, though I am a registered nurse my mental health issues are limited as I am acute medicine trained. I have tried to explain to kay that John prob'ably didn't realise that it was going to upset her, him staying overnight with his brother and his fiancee (Johns ex). He lookd at it that it was saving himself £25 in taxi's as his brother was taking him home in the car. But Kay seems to be looking deeper into the issue, looking a little deeper into the psychology of the situation may help me to ease her a little more. Thankyou

How old are the people involved?
How long have they known each other?
Why is Kay so suspicious of John being near his ex, who is now betrothed to his brother?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

John (age 58) and Mark (age 49) are brothers. 2 year ago lived 4 mile apart but sometimes went drinking in the City rather than local. John met Ruth (age about 45), dated her for several months, meeting her family and Mother. Then like every year the lads went to Benidorm, Spain, to the festival in Nov 2010. John met Kay (age 54) there, but already knew her from his local town. On return from Spain they got together, John ending it with Ruth. 3 to 4 weeks later Mark got together with Ruth. John moved in with Kay year ago, XXXXX XXXXXves with Ruth inthe City but still owns his own house locally. Both couples are getting married next year. Kay feels it was morally wrong to stay at his ex's home with his brother, a home that he frequented when he was with Ruth, and the intimacy that they once shared. Both couples love each other dearly and feel that the partner they have is the only one for them. John is madly in love with Kay, but she feels that he could have got that taxi home, he could have afforded it. Kay just cannot understand why a woman should fall for his brother Mark when there are literally so many fish in the sea.

That is a very complex issue.

From my point of view, Kay needs to get over her feelings that it is morally wrong for her future husband to stay at his brothers house where his xgirlfriend lives.

If she is already this jealous about such a minor issue as this then, in my opinion, John would be wise to NOT marry her. A strong foundation of trust is the basis of a happy marriage. That and knowing when to let go of the little things, like John wanting to save money on an unnecessary taxi ride.....

Kay and John should also consider professional couples therapy before taking the next step and tying the knot.

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC