Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

last night I woke with skin that felt lik,e it was burning

Customer Question

last night I woke with skin that felt lik,e it was burning hhot on the insidem severe pain and felling like i might throw up. I am a woman 68. after about 10 min the pain went away and my skin seeme to cool down The pain was severe and frightening
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

Customer:

yes,several, synthroid, fish oil. 2 different medications for IBS. vitamins.

RickMD :

How do you feel now?

Customer:

fine

RickMD :

did you have any problem breathing, strange feelings or pressure in your chest, left arm or jaw pain or any other symptoms at all other than the ones you have listed?

Customer:

no

RickMD :

Ok. That is good news.

RickMD :

Since this has only occurred once and you are now feeling better it is difficult what could have caused this episode. The good news, since you are back to feeling fine, I do not believe it is an emergency for you to see a MD>

RickMD :

It may have been something as simple as indigestion....

RickMD :

At this point, all we could do is guess.....

RickMD :

That being said, it probably would be a good idea for you to get into see your regular MD in the near future for a good going over just to make sure things are OK.

RickMD :

Does this make sense to you?

RickMD :

I guess you have stepped away from your computer.

RickMD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

what about heat stroke

That would be, very, very unlikely to occur when laying in bed.
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 2 years ago.
Hello from JA
I must disagree that a sudden episode of severe pain that wakes you from sleep is simply...probably nothing
We need to know a lot more
What medical problems do you have?
Where was this pain exactly?
What else happened with it?
Hello from JA
I have not heard back from you.
The concern here is angina.
It certainly would be atypical, but anything that wakes you from sleep and is severe needs evaluation.
You need an EKG.
I would not let these episodes continue.

Let me know if you have further questions. If you have any concerns just use reply to expert until you are ready to rate a positive for your satisfaction..

Please click on one of the positive ratings [smiley faces]: the only way we are compensated for time and expertise. If you are not done or satisfied, use reply to expert [not poor/negative]. Come back anytime. Bonuses are great…but your satisfaction is my goal.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas