Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified.

I am a 55 year old male having problems getting an erection

I am a 55 year old male having problems getting an erection or keeping one long enough for my wife to satisfy. I have tried alot of natural herb brands but haven't found one that works. Would like info on what is safe and works.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

DrK99 :

Hello, this is Dr K99. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a Dr/patient relationship. Please consult your Dr for medical advice.

DrK99 :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. Its really not safe to take an herbal product without a Drs supervision

DrK99 :

While herbals are marketed as food products and are not FDA controlled,they have medicinal properties and therefore side effects as well. The ingredients do not have to be controlled in quantity in any way since they are not considered medications. So they may have adverse and unexpected effects on your blood pressure and heart

DrK99 :

You are safest seeing your Dr for a check up and getting an approved prescription for Viagra or Cialis. With instructions on how to use it including warning signs to watch for. Any family Dr or internal medicine Dr can do this for you

DrK99 :

I can answer your questions when you are back online

Customer:

That was my next step and will be doing that soon. Are they about the same or is one work better than the other.

Dr. K., MD
Experience: Board certified.
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA

I am Dr. Thomas, MD, board certified in internal medicine and integrative medicine, so I cover a lot of ground and will be happy to help you with your question. We can correspond back and forth as needed.

I will either give you an answer right away or have questions for you. Either way, use reply to expert until you are ready to rate the answer: Please note that answers for information and education only.

Please remember that we are only paid for positive ratings and bonuses and this helps us to help you. Please do not click a 1 or 2 [negative] rating as this only negatively rates the expert helping you.

I would be glad to evaluate this for you.
What have you tried that has not worked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

just herbal ones that are suppose to work

Do you remember which?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They were called True Blue and MateX True Blue

OK
And one more question do you have a known cause of your ED?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, but I was in a car accident year ago Last September. When I was healed enough is when I noticed it wasn't like it was before. It was about 6 months after the accident.

OK
So nothing is going to work well if you are not correcting underlying causes and a visit to your doctor and/or a urologist is in order.
What nudist to be ruled out
Damage to the lower spine/sacrum
Prostate disease.
Low testosterone.
Diabetes
High blood pressure.
High cholesterol.
Medication effects
Circulation problem in the penis [need ultrasound, which can be done in a urologists office].
Psychological problems.

All of these need to be considered.

There is no proven reflect of the products you mention.

Please see this web MD article about substances which have some evidence for helping

http://www.webmd.com/erectile-dysfunction/features/natural-remedies-for-erectile-dysfunction

However, these will not work like viagra, cialis, or levitra.

Let me know if you have further questions. If you have any concerns just use reply to expert until you are ready to rate a positive for your satisfaction..

Please click on one of the positive ratings [smiley faces]: the only way we are compensated for time and expertise. If you are not done or satisfied, use reply to expert [not poor/negative]. Come back anytime. Bonuses are great…but your satisfaction is my goal.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas

Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your payment.

Viagra works for about 4 hours. Cialis works for 36 hours. Its marketed for "daily use" though you certainly do not have to use it daily. Once taken though, it is effective for quite some time. It allows sex to be more spontaneous. Its a personal decision for you as to what may be the right choice. There are obvious reasons why many men prefer Cialis.

Best of luck and I hope this information is helpful. Let me know if you need more help.
Dr. K., MD
Experience: Board certified.