Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Are tubes a successful treatment for eustachian tube dysfu

Are tubes a successful treatment for eustachian tube dysfunction?

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

What type of tube placement are you talking about?

RickMD :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

tubes in the eardrum

That is a very good question. And it depends on why your eustachian tubes are not working.

If your primary problem is infection/inflammation/gunk in your middle ear and the tubes themselves are still structurally intact, then. Yes. It may work, in that it will allow the middle ear issue to be addressed and hopefully resolved.

Tubes, depending on the type and design, only stay in place for 8 to 12 months so this would not be a solution if your eustachian tubes were anatomically destroyed.

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick