Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

My husband got a flu shot Wednesday and Thursday night his

My husband got a flu shot Wednesday and Thursday night his upper lip swelled up but was normal the next morning. Same thing happened on Friday night and was gone Saturday morning. Same thing happened tonight. Could this be a reaction to the flu shot? No other problems at all, he feels fine.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

That does not sound like a reaction to the flu shot.

RickMD :

That being said, I'm not sure what could be causing swelling of his upper lip the comes and goes without any other signs or symptoms.

RickMD :

If things persist he should see his doctor on Monday. Of course, should he have any problems breathing, the swelling get worse or you are more concerned, he should go to the ER>

RickMD :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for replying so quickly! Sounds like nothing too serious, just can't figure out what could cause it.

I sure is an unusual thing to have happen but, I agree, I do not think it is anything serious.

Have a good weekend. And now....

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.