Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

this is very embarising but my wife and i were fooling around

this is very embarising but my wife and i were fooling around (sex) we have been married for over 30 yrs . So we were playing with an egg style vibrating egg . Where i was stimulating her rectum . I just pushed this in approx 1/2 the egg and the next thing i knew it got sucked in . It did not wan to come out . My wife doesnt know if it came out the next day when she had a bowl movement .And we are worried what this will do if its still inside the rectum ??
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

No need to be embarrassed about this.....you would be surprised how often ER doctors deal with this sort of thing....

RickMD :

How large is the vibrating egg and was it on when you lost it?

RickMD :

How long ago did this happen?

Customer:

Rick its approx 1in to 11/4 in diam and maybe 2 in long it has a little tickler on the end of this toy . So the overall it maybe 21/2 . Lost Web evening

RickMD :

Was it on?

RickMD :

Well, if it has not come out yet, it has been in there too long.

Customer:

no it was attached to a controller and when i noticed it actually when in i paniced and slowly tried to pull it out but the cord broke off in my hand

RickMD :

Ok. Well, given its size and shape it should have come out. That being said, if she has not seen it in the toilet then she really needs to have an Xray to see if it is still in her colon.

RickMD :

If it is still inside her the doctor may be able to dilate her rectum and reach up with a forcepts and remove it. In any event it has to be removed, even if surgery is required (although this hopefully will not be necessary.)

Customer:

again because she didnt look in the morning she just automatically flushed we didnt get to see if it was there . The night it happened i put my finger in and felt it . I tried this thurs night after we used the enama but i couldnt feel anything ? I assumed we should still get the xray just incase . Once again its just totally embaraising

RickMD :

No need to be embarrassed. What adult couples do together is "normal" if they think it is....and every doctor accepts this fact :)

RickMD :

But, yes, at this point you are correct: She needs an xray to be safe.

RickMD :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

Customer:

I appreciate your comments and i hope the xray shows nothing But if its still there do they just use a different enama and remove

RickMD :

left in place it can cause problems from pressure on the tissues, toxicity from the metal casing and even cause blockage

RickMD :

No. At this point, since you have already tried that, the doctor will most likely attempt manual removal.

RickMD :

If that doesn't work she will require surgical removal....

RickMD :

But I don' think it will come to that.

Customer:

I totally understand We have a smaller hospital just 10 mins away . Our doctor is booked solid for a week so we plan on going Mon AM

RickMD :

I would feel better if you didn't postpone evaluation for another 48 hours.....sooner is always better than later. But, on the other hand, it has been there since Wednesday and your wife is symptom free......

RickMD :

It is your call :)

RickMD :

Are you still there?

Customer:

OK i just know hosp are packed on weekends hofefully not with issues like ours thanks for your input and you are correct she has no discomfort and she has normal bowl movements

RickMD :

My pleasure. Have a good day.

RickMD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Hi Rob,

I was just thinking about your situation and wondering what the Xray showed. I hope everything came out OK.