Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

uroligist what would cause blood to be in siemen?

Customer Question

uroligist

what would cause blood to be in siemen?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

That is a very good question. How long has this been going on for?

RickMD :

Do you have any discomfort?

RickMD :

What medical conditions do you have and what medications do you take?

Customer:

since september

Customer:

i don't take any medications

Customer:

im having no discomfort

RickMD :

This is called hematospermia and can come from a large number of issues. It can arise from areas such as the bladder, urethra, seminal vesicles, testicles, prostate gland or the epididymis.

RickMD :

Do you notice any bumps, swelling etc on your testicles? Have you had any trauma to your groin area recently?

Customer:

no swelling or bumps. I did pull on my testicales a couple years aga. I guess I pulled too hard and I had blood for about a week. It cleared up and didn't happen again until september.

RickMD :

Ok. Thanks for that extra information.

RickMD :

While issues such a tumors/masses in any of the above areas, infections such as herpes, chlamydia, trichomoniasis or CMV virus, polyps or stones in the urthera causing obstructions and, yes, even cancer the Good news? In the vast majority men hematospermia is benign and resolves on its own without treatment.

RickMD :

AT this point, even though the vast majority of cases require no treatment, since you have been noticing blood in your sperm for so long I believe you should make an appointment with a urologist for a complete evaluation.

RickMD :

Better safe than sorry when it comes to your health :)

RickMD :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick

RickMD :

does this make sense to you?

Customer:

I have an appointment on the 12th.

Customer:

thanks for your time

RickMD :

Sounds like an excellent plan.

RickMD :

My pleasure. Have a good weekend.

Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Hi Waylon,

I was just thinking about you and wondering what the Urologist found when you saw him yesterday.

I hope everything is OK. Take care and have a good day.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to my regular doctor he said it was prostitus and is treating me with antibiotics for 6 weeks then wants to do a cat scan to make sur there is nothing in My bladder.
Waylon,

It is good to hear from you. I'm glad that you are getting care and it seems like the blood is from something that can be cleared up with simple treatment.

Just as an aside, having a urologist pass a scope up inside your bladder is probably a better way to make sure everything in your bladder is OK...

Take care and have a great holiday season.