Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Once in a while after a movement (wiping) I find a 3/4 inch

Once in a while after a movement (wiping) I find a 3/4 inch flat rubber like substance. I can say it is almost like the end of a green onion (is what it reminds me of) I dont have it everytime, once in a while. After I've seen this I usually will see the coffee grounds. I have constant loose stools so things are more visable for me. I am taking supplements for low vitamin D. Since this started I have developed enlarged upper ab, at my naval several lumps and at times are very senative, unable to loose weight, not wanting to eat. I'm tired but can force myself to continue. If I eat I am so tired I can barely stay awake.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

Good morning. What do you mean by "After I've seen this I usually will see the coffee grounds."?

RickMD :

How long has this been going on for?

RickMD :

Also, do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

Customer:

After seeing the 'Flat rubbery i guess worm like' I will see a coffee ground in stool.

RickMD :

The coffee ground appearance to your stool is concerning....

Customer:

It has been going on for about 9 months just getting worse. I do take nexum, and once a day the doctor has me on Percets 10/325

RickMD :

The coffee ground/dark stool could be indicative of internal bleeding.

Customer:

I'm sorry I do take a vitamin D supplement

RickMD :

And that could also account for you feeling weak and tired.

RickMD :

The flat rubber like substance could be a prolapsed internal hemorrhoid.....

Customer:

Will it be on the tissue?

RickMD :

The botXXXXX XXXXXne? From what you have posted I would feel a lot better if you could get in to see your primary care MD for a complete examination, a Guaic test of your stool (for possible blood) and some lab tests.

RickMD :

No, it might stay attached and move back inside your rectum rather than coming off on the tissue. Although you might sometimes notice blood on the tissue if the hemorrhoid bleeds.

RickMD :

I see that you are typing and that could mean a couple of things: 1. you are actually typing or, 2, the chat system has frozen up. I'll give it a few more minutes and if I've not seen anything from you I'll switch over to the Q&A system. That system works a lot like 'text messaging' but, unlike the chat system, it almost never freezes up. We can continue to work on your question there. :o)

Customer:

Of all the things that is scaring me is the flat rubbery thing. It is on the tissue after wiping. I do have hemorrhoid that will bring alot of bleeding into the toliet but stops.

RickMD :

I'm sorry. I didn't understand that the flat rubbery thing comes off onto the tissue when you wipe. What color is it?

Customer:

It is brown, it looks like the end of a green oinion the flat part. It is hard to describe. It is about 3 to 4 inches in length, I can't feel it, I only see it on the tissue. It feels rubbery when rubbed with tissue.

RickMD :

Does it stay attached to your body or come off on the tissue completely?

Customer:

Almost like a tapeworm only brown.

Customer:

Completly off, where you can see, and touch it if needed.

RickMD :

Ok. That might be a large blood clot.... In any event it needs to be evaluated.

RickMD :

It might not be a bad idea to put the next one of these in a ziplock bag and let your doctor examine it......

Customer:

Ok do you think a Gastrointologist would be better?

RickMD :

Yes. If you can get in to see a GI specialist that would be the best way to go for sure.

RickMD :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

Customer:

Ok, as long as it's not a worm I feel much better.

Customer:

Yes thank you.

RickMD :

I do not think it is a worm from what you have posted.

RickMD :

My pleasure.

RickMD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.