Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I noticed about 1 month ago a long pink growth from my anal

I noticed about 1 month ago a long pink growth from my anal area. Just inside the rectum area about 1/2 inch in I have this long really narrow tube like pink growth it is about 1 inch long and just hangs down between my cheecks. what should I do and what about treatment not painfull and no blood. Stephen Richards living and working in The Kingdom of Saudi arabia.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 2 years ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

Are you available to chat?

Customer:

Yes,Doctor

RickMD :

Good Morning and Greetings from the Midwest USA

Customer:

I am working in The Kingdom of Saudi arabia

RickMD :

Has this pink tube changed at all since you first noticed it?

Customer:

no

RickMD :

Also, does it seem to be interfering with your ability to have a BM?

Customer:

is it a hemoroid??

Customer:

or something else

Customer:

no

Customer:

just hngs between my cheecks about the size of a everh sharp pencil lead

RickMD :

It could be a hemorrhoid or perhaps a piece of prolapsed rectum or colon tissue.

Customer:

and it is pink and does not itch or any pian

Customer:

it is just inside of my spincter

RickMD :

In any event I would suggest you consult with either a gastroenterologist or a cholorectal surgeon. If you can not see one of these specialists it would be OK to start with a general MD, although they would most likely have to refer you to someone else.

Customer:

ok, I am outside of the US

RickMD :

Am I correct in thinking that it actually protrudes outside of your anal sphincter?

Customer:

so what should I tell them

Customer:

to help with diagnoses

Customer:

yes

RickMD :

King Fahad Hospital is one of the best in the area. You would get good help there. I had a friend who worked there as a surgeon for 10 years.

Customer:

I can see where it starts and

RickMD :

Just what you have told me. The main thing will be for the doctor to examine it personally.

Customer:

King Fahad in Jeddah??

RickMD :

I believe so.

Customer:

ok, I know this place and start with a general MD

Customer:

or directly go to your suggestions

RickMD :

Ok. Sounds like a good plan.

RickMD :

If you can get in to see the specialists I mentioned that will save time.

Customer:

Ok thanks

RickMD :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Customer:

any other assistance or guides

RickMD :

Don't pull on it or put any creams or ointment etc on it for now since it is not bothering you.....

RickMD :

eat a lot of fiber, fresh veggies and drink a lot of water to avoid constipation as this probably would irritate the tube thing.

Customer:

ok and tell the Doctor in Jeddah

Customer:

just to examine my anus???

RickMD :

Tell him how long it has been present, if it has changed since you noticed it etc.

Customer:

for possible hemoroid or

RickMD :

Yes. The best thing the doctor will need to do is examine your anus.

Customer:

ok got it thanks

RickMD :

My pleasure. Have a good day.

Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

I was just thinking about you and wondering if you have had a chance to consult with a doctor yet and, if so, what he thought your tube was. I hope it is nothing serious and will be easy to take care of.