Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

i took very small drink of diet rootbeer caffine free.forgot

i took very small drink of diet rootbeer caffine free.forgot about a1c test.
I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

This will not affect your HgB A1C test at all.

Also, if they are doing other "fasting" blood work, a small drink of diet root beer will not have any significant effect on those blood tests either.

You are OK.

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

sorry for the computer errors this aic test this morning is very imprtant bec i have surgery pending, my last aic test on oct 31 was very high.

The A1C test looks at your blood sugar value over a long period of time. The fact that you drank a bit of diet root beer will not affect the results in the least.

There is no need to reschedule the blood test. It will still be accurate :)

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.