Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Resident, Family Medicine, American Doc, 5 yrs pre-hospital Emergency Care

Hello my name isXXXXX have a 16 yr.old daughter whom is

Hello my name isXXXXX have a 16 yr.old daughter whom is struggling with concentrating with homework assignments and just her senior year. Throughout grade school she excelled in school and received many honors. She says its like she has a million things running through her thinking and is unable focus on any topic. We discussed ADD , it seems like whenever someone is struggling with issues the first thing is pointed ADD.If it is ADD can it be corrected.
Greetings from New York, this is Dr. Jerry E. I'm so glad you asked this question, let me give you some medical information now.

What you are describing is very common and treatable. I suggest you make an appointment with a behavioral service/ mental health professional for her symptoms to be assessed. If she is diagnosed with ADD, the doctor who makes this determination will decide the best treatment plan for her depending on the severity of her symptoms and to what extent they are interfering with her daily life. In most cases, those who suffer from this condition are prescribed stimulants such as Ritalin or Adderall to help manage the symptoms.

If your daughter does have ADD, she will definitely prosper from treatment. I wish you and her the best of luck...