Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

After I have been to the loo I spend the next few hours going

After I have been to the loo I spend the next few hours going back to the toilet to rewipe my bottom. What is the cause of this and what can I do to recover. Is it diet related although ther has been no change in my diet.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

Is this from feces leaking out after a bowel movement? Or is it mucus, blood etc?

RickMD :

How long ago was your banding?

Customer: Feces. The banding was last Tuesday so 8 days ago
Customer: No blood
RickMD :

Are these formed feces (lumps and stuff) or liquid feces?

Customer: Lumpy although not completely normal
RickMD :

Ok. Well, it sounds like you have a decrease in the muscular tone of your anal sphincter.

Customer: What do I do to solve that?
RickMD :

This really requires an GI doctor to work up. It may be due to damage of the muscle itself, the nerves to the muscle or something blocking the sphincter from closing well. The list of possible causes is very, very long and the treatment depends on what is going on.

RickMD :

This, however, is not something you should have to continue to suffer with. Most issues can be helped..

Customer: Thank you for your help
RickMD :

Physiological tests can be done to evaluate your anorectal fuction, GI motility, innervattion and stool. Some time Ultrasound is done

RickMD :

My pleasure.

RickMD :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick