Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I AM ON WAITING LIST TO HAVE GENDER REASSIGNMENT OPERATION,

I AM ON WAITING LIST TO HAVE GENDER REASSIGNMENT OPERATION, BUT I STILL HAVE THE HABIT OF INSERTING OBJECTS INTO MY URETHRA (WHICH I MAKE SURE I CAN RETRIEVE AGAIN) MY MAIN WORRY IS I MAY BE HARMING MYSELF, AND WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOME SORT OF COUNCILLING TO STOP THIS HABIT, I KNOW I SHOULD NOT BE DOING IT.
I AM A 70 YEAR OLD MALE AND HOPEFULLY HAVE THE GENDER REASSIGNMENT OPERATION NEXT YEAR AS I AM NUMBER 32 FOR THE NORTH WEST OUT OF AREA.

SARAH KEMPSELL

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

I can understand your concern that you could be harming yourself. Depending on what you placing in your urethra you very very well may be doing damage.

RickMD :

Just the continued placement of even smooth objects will, over time, cause changes in the lining of your urethra and cause damage.

RickMD :

Also, what does the gender reassignment staff think of this activity? Have you considered the possibility that your behavior may remove you from the surgery list?

RickMD :

We have been experiencing problems with the chat system for the last few days. Our engineers are working on it. However, I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

RickMD : I am online and happy to help you with your question today.
RickMD : I can understand your concern that you could be harming yourself. Depending on what you placing in your urethra you very very well may be doing damage.
RickMD : Just the continued placement of even smooth objects will, over time, cause changes in the lining of your urethra and cause damage.
RickMD : Also, what does the gender reassignment staff think of this activity? Have you considered the possibility that your behavior may remove you from the surgery list?

I look forward to your response.
You should discuss this activity with the gender reassignment surgical team. They will have professionals on staff, psychologists, psychiatrists, nurses etc who will be able to give you expert assistance in dealing with your desire to place objects in your penis.

I can't think of another group of doctors who would be better equipped to assist you.

Best of luck in your gender reassignment :)