Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

Im taking 25mg/day Metoprolol after new onset a-fib - can

I'm taking 25mg/day Metoprolol after new onset a-fib - can I take raspberry keytones? I have low bp naturally - quite low on this med. No other heart/artery problems. 60 yo female.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

In moderation you should be safe taking raspberry ketones with metoprolol. There are no known interactions and the FDA has placed Raspberry Ketones on the "Generally recognized as safe" list for many years.

RickMD :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

RickMD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'd read/heard they were safe but still concerned re: raised norepinephrine levels induced by ketone use. Read elsewhere this can be a problem with a-fib patients.

I think you will be OK. To be 110% sure, as, your cardiologist. But, in small doses raspberry ketone's should not increase your norepi levels enough to worry about.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.