Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC

HI DOCTOR I HAVE DIGNOSTED WITH ATRIL FIBRILLATION . I WAS

HI DOCTOR I HAVE DIGNOSTED WITH ATRIL FIBRILLATION . I WAS ABUSING TAKING
TAKING ANBIEN CR 12.5 SINCE AUGUST I WAS TAKING 1 1/2 PILL TO TRY SLEEP.
YOU THINK MY ATRIL FIBRILLATION IS COMING FROM THE AMBIEN. I RECEIVED A
CARDIO VERSION EN HOSPITAL BUT DOESENT WORK FOR MI. NOW A TAKING AMIODARONE
200 MG.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

No. Ambien would not lead to or cause your atrial fibrillation.

RickMD :

You do not need to worry about this at all.

RickMD :

I see that you are typing...I will standby

RickMD :

Nor should it in any way make your Afib any worse.

Customer:

not even if was taking 1 1/2 12.5 pill since may

RickMD :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

RickMD :

While that is 50% more then the recommended dosage, no. I would not directly affect your heart.

Customer:

what do you think atril fibrillation is coming from

RickMD :

Afib is a very common condition that comes from many different pathological issues.

RickMD :

But what it boils down to is an abnormality in the electrical system of your heart.

Customer:

I recevied a cardio version in the hospital but doesent work for me.

RickMD :

While cardioversion is a very successful treatment, as you found out, it doesn't work for all. Amiodarone is a very good drug for this issue.

Customer:

I am taking cordarone 200 mg in the morning . what is the best option for me

Customer:

the cure this problem what its my best choice

RickMD :

Telling you what is the "best" medical management for you specific condition, using only internet "chat" is not possible......your best choice at this point is to follow your cardiologists advice.

Customer:

thank you my DR

RickMD :

The amiodarone may convert you to a normal rhythm. But, that being said, many patients have no problem staying in Afib.

RickMD :

From what you have posted, however, it sounds like you are in good hands.

RickMD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

RickMD :

I guess you have stepped away from your computer.

Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.