Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I have chronic stomach pain. My colonoscopy, endoscopy and

I have chronic stomach pain. My colonoscopy, endoscopy and CT scan were negative. A capusle endoscopy is recommended. Should I be concerned? Always afraid of cancer.
I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

I can understand your concern. When was the most recent workup for your stomach pain done?

Is there anything that gives you relief?

I look forward to your reply.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

2 days ago had CT scan

Ok. It seems that you are getting excellent care. From what you have posted I feel very strongly that any evidence of cancer would have been found.

I think you can put this fear out of your mind.

At this point you should go ahead with the capsule endoscopy as it can reach places that other imaging modalities can't get to.

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you!!! My understanding is that any possible tumors in the lower intestines probably would have been pick up in the scan.

If it was a good scan, yes, that is true.

It sounds like your doctors are doing an excellent job.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The good scan comment makes me a little nervous. My GI seems very concerned but doesn't say much. He says its the last test they can do. What do you think they are looking for?
Not every scan is of high quality......it is like anything else.

Nothing to be nervous about ;)

They are looking for any abnormality they can find.....