Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Can a patient with diagonised polycystic kidney disease use

Can a patient with diagonised polycystic kidney disease use aleve for arthritis? And if yes what dosage. The arthritis is chronic.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

No. You should not use aleve or any medication in the NSAIDS class, such as motrin or ibuprofen.

RickMD :

Depending on what stage of kidney disease you have (1 through 5) the medications you take can be very limited.

RickMD :

Because of this is important for you to talk to your doctor before using any medications, including over the counter drugs, home remedies and herbal medications.

RickMD :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

We have been experiencing technical difficulties with the chat system. Please allow me to retype my chat here for your review:

RickMD : I am online and happy to help you with your question today.
RickMD : No. You should not use aleve or any medication in the NSAIDS class, such as motrin or ibuprofen.
RickMD : Depending on what stage of kidney disease you have (1 through 5) the medications you take can be very limited.
RickMD : Because of this is important for you to talk to your doctor before using any medications, including over the counter drugs, home remedies and herbal medications.
RickMD : Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick