Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Hi I was feeling feverish and also troubles on swallowing for

Hi I was feeling feverish and also troubles on swallowing for some time, I also had rash which doctors claimed was measles, I got tested immediately for HiV and turned out negative, 7 months later I ran another test and it showed negative once more. Now I am scared because I have pains in my neck region sometimes I feel some lumps but it never ever becomes visible to others and note that I am slim built so if it enlarges rapidly it would definitely show. I took warm expellant about a week ago and yesterday I started salivating and now I am feeling sick while the pain in my neck remains but no visible enlargement. Can you tell me something about this? Thanks
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.

RickMD :

I am online and happy to help you with your question today.

RickMD :

If you have not engaged in any sexual activity that would expose you the possibility of getting HIV since you last tested negative you can rest assured that the symptoms you are currently experiencing are NOT for HIV infection.

RickMD :

What do you mean by taking a "warm expellant"?

Customer: I did have sexual intercourse but she recently did a test and tested negative also
RickMD :

Ok. Then I would not worry about having HIV at all.

Customer: I am not actually saying its HIV but I want to know what are the other things that might cause this as I took some medicine for work issues
Customer: Worm issues i mean
RickMD :

The first thing that came to my mind, before I noted your concern about HIV infection, was a touch of the flu/sore throat that everyone has been getting lately.

RickMD :

It sure doesn't sound like an STD or anything serious like that to me.

RickMD :

I really believe you will be fine.

Customer: Presently I don't have sore throat at all, the pains in my neck comes and goes. Could it be stress
RickMD :

yes. That is entirely possible. I know that when I am stressed out my neck is one of the first places affected. I would try using a heating pad....that should help. And, of course, try to reduce the stress in your days.

Customer: And if I must be honest with you I get this feeling anytime I have sexual intercourse with my gf. Once I give her some time off the symptoms disappear but when we get back they start resurfacing, I encouraged her to take tests she tells me that she had gone tested and no infections. If for a guess she is playing tricks what remotely might this be related to. I am getting tested this weekend but I want to know what exactly I might be looking at as everything this happens I get really worried and nervous
Customer: And to round it all up before I got he HIV test she told me she feels neck pains and I think it is exactly similar to what I explained earlier
RickMD :

I really don't see why your GF would be lying to you on this issue, especially since it is so easy to be tested. Perhaps, if you don't trust her on this issue it would be best to get a new girlfriend as I can see this becoming a very serious problem between the two of you.

RickMD :

Neck pains are not a sign of HIV or an STD by themselves in anyone book....I think you are allowing this thing to get out of hand and stress the both of you.

RickMD :

If I thought you had anything to worry about, I promise you, I would come right out and say it.

Customer: Yes I know that, you can't trust anyone but in the mean time I just want to be sure.
RickMD :

I think you are looking at a touch of the flu, which makes sense if she is also starting to have the same symptoms. The flu went through my entire office over the last 3 weeks

Customer: Okay I trust your judgment., I felt this same way before testing negative so perhaps it might just be similar issue but I will still get the HIV test though. Are there any other tests you recommend?
RickMD :

If you are going to have a HIV test you might as well test for all the STDs at the same time. It just takes an extra tube of blood is all...

RickMD :

That way you will be more sure that everything is OK

RickMD :

Does this answer your question to your satisfaction?

Customer: Okay thanks, XXXXX XXXXX good, will feel much better after the tests though. Thanks for your time
RickMD :

My pleasure. Good luck

RickMD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. And please let me know if the rating system gives you any troubles.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick

Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: 20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.