Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Resident, Family Medicine, American Doc, 5 yrs pre-hospital Emergency Care
13500761

3 problems: 1st had this for a few weeks: Burning in my abdomen,

Customer Question

3 problems: 1st had this for a few weeks: Burning in my abdomen, left and right side.
2nd problem, had this for years: Even without using the toilet I have to wipe all the time. Sometimes the toilet paper is red, but not very often.
3rd, rarely (about every 5 months?) I for a couple days I can get random moment of extremely sharp pain in my abdomen, makes me need to keel over.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Jerry E replied 1 year ago.
Greetings from New York, this is Dr. Jerry E. I'm so glad you asked this question, let me give you some medical information now.

Please describe the abdominal symptoms in further detail. How often do you have this burning? And is it in one location or multiple? Has it worsened in the past few weeks?

When you indicate that you have to wipe all the time, is this related to urination or bowel movements?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The abdominal symptoms would be (for the burning) the mid left and right of my abdomen, feels like a sunburn underneath the skin. It's been getting more noticeable.

As for the other problem I was talking about bowel movements, but sometimes I don't even have to have a bowel movement. I just have to walk alot and then, well I have to wipe my butt for no reason.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

By the way, the burning is constant.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It also seems that the burning is alot more on my right side. Which is where it originally began.

I apologize for the delay. I was experiencing network issues. I am almost done gathering information.

Is the sensation in your stomach worse after eating or physical activity? Have you been seen by a physician for these symptoms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well now that I'm home the burning seems to have gone down a bit. But I do alot of moving around at work, so it does burn more with physical activity. I thought it might have been kidney stones or something so I've been drinking alot of water, but that also seems to keep the burning heightened.

I have not yet seen a physician, I am going to. It's just my work schedule doesn't leave me much time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have to go to bed for work tomorrow. But I will look for an update before I leave.

Your symptoms are likely associated with gastritis. (inflammation of the lining of the stomach) The most common symptoms associated with this condition are:
upset stomach
Abdominal bloating/pain
Indigestion
Burning feeling in the stomach

This is a common condition and can easily be remedied. It is important to seek treatment as if it is not treated, severe blood loss can occur over time.

I urge you to see a physician at your earliest convenience to determine if this is the culprit behind what you are experiencing.
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor
Experience: Emergency Medicine Resident, Family Medicine, American Doc, 5 yrs pre-hospital Emergency Care
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Even though this is already over I just wanted to say I don't have indigestion or burning feeling inside the stomach. The burning is outside the stomach and mostly on the right side, not as much on the left.

Have you been to the doctor yet for this condition? If so , please let me know his/her diagnosis.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have been to the doctor, I am getting a abdominal x-ray this week.

Please let me know the results..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will let you know the results as soon as I get them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It seems they can't find anything out of the usual. However I am to keep the doctor posted.