Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

how long does valium stay in your urine for a drug test?

This depends on the levels you have been taking.

Therapeutic use, ie, use according to a doctor's prescription, for a few weeks only, it can be detected up to 7 days.

But for Chronic use (over one year), and in heavy doses, it can be detected upto 4 to 6 weeks.

Hope this resolves your query and provides the information you have been seeking.

If my answer has helped you, please click on a four or five star rating, or an 'excellent/good service' rating, depending on what is displayed for you. It is only when you give a high rating that I get credit for my work. Bonus and a good feedback is always welcome.

If you are not yet satisfied, do not go for a lower rating, instead click on the 'continue conversation' button and specify what you feel was left unanswered, I am sure I can help you further.
With regards,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.

Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Thank you:

As a board certifed medical review officer (MRO) - a physician with specialized training in drug testing - I would have to disagree with the other expert.

Even with a single dose, the drug metabolites can be detected for up to 10 days. With long term use - up to 30 days has been reported.