Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I had salmonella in july for which i did an antibiotics course

I had salmonella in july for which i did an antibiotics course but since then i had abdominal pain which i cannot pin point. Its sometimes at the lower abdomin near belly button , sometimes at the upper side and sometimes on lower right side. THe nausea is also there. The pain is dull. My stomach also makes wierd type of mummbling sounds. My stool schedule is completely out sometime i dont get stool for entire day and sometimes 3 times a day. THere is too much of gas & constipution, i have to goto washroom and i pass gass only with dotted stool. Please can you tell me what is this and how can this be rectified
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to justanswer and thank you for your question.

Have you tried any medications?
Do you have blood mixed with stool?
Do you suffer from severe emotional stress or anxiety issue?
Any recent change in dietary habits?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have done these test

28-Sep-2012 :

Blood test : in which all were clear espically ESR and WBC were in Range

Stool Test: There is no Ova/ Parasities / Blood / Mucus.

3-Sep-2012:

I have done complete abdominal Ultrasound , which was clear

28-August-2012

Liver profile test; Which was clear

Thyroid test: Which was clear

Blood Culture : which showed no infection found

16-July-2012:

CT scan of right side for stones and it was also cleared.

I am currently taking duspatalin Retard.

and no i am not suffering from emotional stress or anxiety issue , the only issue is my condition which is for 3.5 months i am not getting well and all this is worrying me.

Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Dear Inayat,Thanks for providing additional information.

These symptoms are due to medical condition- Irritable bowel syndrome(IBS).It is diagnosed only by symptoms, and there are no tests to diagnose this condition.

The prescription medications approved for the treatment of IBS are:
Alosetron (Lotronex),Lubiprostone (Amitiza). Medications that affect certain activities of the autonomic nervous system (anticholinergics)are very effective in relieving the abdominal pain.

You need to take Psyllium, it is a natural vegetable fiber.
Sometime milk products worsen the condition, if you have any symptoms from them, then avoid it.
Also stress aggravate it, so practice yoga and meditation. Also you need to go for breathing exercises, for relaxation. Avoid anxiety and stress. Sometimes doctor prescribe Anti anxiety or anti-depressants drugs, These can also cure the symptoms.

You should Avoid processed foods. These may contain 'resistant starch' which is difficult for your body to digest.

You should Cut down on foods rich in insoluble fiber, such as wholemeal bread, wholegrain rice and cereals containing bran.
You should avoid foods such as beans, cabbage, or uncooked cauliflower or broccoli.

You should use Antispasmodic medicines- such as mebeverine hydrochloride (eg Colofac), alverine citrate and peppermint oil capsules, which help in relieving stomach cramps.
Also Getting regular, vigorous exercises, will make bowel movements regular.

Talking treatments such as cognitive behavioral therapy, hypnotherapy or psychotherapy can help relieve the symptoms.
Proper dietary control should be done.Best bet is that you should get your diet schedule managed from dietitian.
You would need a consultation with Gastroenterologist.
I wish for your good health.

Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.

It’s my goal to provide you with EXCELLENT SERVICE.
Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback.
Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the detailed reply. There are two things.

1) I also have pain in right ribs both in the front and at the back. The pain is also at the lower back where the kidney area or should i say muscle at the back and same on the front side area. The pain is dull type.I have already done Kidney test like CT scan and abdominal Ultrasound so its all fine. The pain is not constant in the ribs or back area. It sometimes a pointed pain or sometimes its just a pain but its on the right side. What that might be. Is it becuase of the weakness or the GAS i have.

2) Is this IBS or some what Crohn's disease.

Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Inayat, As you have already gone for CT scan and Abdomen ultrasound, so i would not worry for serious issue.
Excess formation of gas can put pressure on and around abdomen organs.
You should follow the tips, as advised in previous post and you will be free from symptoms.

Well, Crohn's disease is a form of inflammatory bowel disease (IBD).
It is usually associated with-fever, Persistent, watery diarrhea, pain in passing stool, weight loss.
Your symptoms are most likely suggestive of IBS.
Please follow dietary changes as advised above, and get prescription medications from your doctor.

Thank you
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank Dr. Robert. Please can you tell me if my ESR is in normal range (5) and WBC are in normal range, does that means i dont have any infection nor any inflamation.

Expert:  Dr. Robert replied 1 year ago.
Well, As ESR and WBC test results are in normal range, so it clearly indicates that you don't have any underlying infection or inflammation.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have pain in right rib just beneath the nipple , that rib pains a lot secondly i have pain at the back side lower back right side and right flank , the pain is also at the upper right side back or opposite to the front side ribs, please can you let me know is this common
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
May be offline
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA

I am Dr. Thomas, MD, board certified in internal medicine and integrative medicine, so I cover a lot of ground and can help you with your question.

I will either give you an answer right away or have questions for you. Either way, use reply until you are ready to rate the answer: Please note that answers for information and education only.

You have already rated answers positive on this post

Would you like my help with questions and to rate positive as satisfied?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes please if you can let me know about it
OK
We can not assume this is IBS unless everything else has been excluded, so I have to disagree with the above answer.
IN addition the scans do not rule out gallbladder disease.
Finally have you had your stool analyzed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes 3 times and the last was done at 28 sep in which there are no blood ,ova ,mucus or anything , my blood test wbc and esr are all in normal range , only vitamin D level was very down like it was 14
Have you had a colonoscopy
And are there any colon problems in the family
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No my doctor said that its IBS and your ascending colon will pain so no need of colonoscopy and i dont have family history, this started after salmonella in july
The problem is that salmonella is not a cause of IBS.
I would then ask myself what could be the problem
a. There was a colon susceptibility to salmonella for some reason. I would do a colonoscopy to rule out polyps, and diverticulosis, and inflammatory bowel disease.
b. I would check stool for parasites 5 samples.
c. I would run blood tests..celiac panel, gliadin, and HLA DQ 2,8 to make sure there is no gluten sensitivity.

Also to consider
HIDA scan for gallbladder dysfunction.
Hydrogen breath test for fructose intolerance.

And maybe a comprehensive stool analysis which looks at the balance of different bacteria and yeast which could have been thrown of.

A good GI doctor or a functional medicine MD could help you with this.

If all is negative, then treat for IBS>

Let me know if you have further questions or additional concerns. Just use reply if you are not done.

Please rate one of the positive ratings: the only way we are compensated for time and expertise. If you are not done or satisfied, use reply to expert [not poor/negative]. Come back anytime. Bonuses are great…but your satisfaction is my goal.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done 4 stool test , liver profile, thyroid test, abdominal unltrasound and all were normal
I understand that, and it is good.
None of those are the tests I have mentioned.
And none of those have been ruled out by the tests you have had.
A regular stool test for parasites is probably adequate if you have done 4 samples.
But it does not measure any of the other tests I have mentioned. Nor does an ultrasound, and nor does a liver profile or thyroid test.

I think you should see the specialist before you conclude this is irritable bowel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do we have radaiting pains in ibs, mild pain like in lower right side or lower left side or lower right side back or lower left side back, right rib cage
What is typical for IBS is that the pain moves around, is spasmodic, and can radiate.
It is not on one isolated spot in most cases, but can be.

I have not seen any positive ratings on my answers...please let me know if there is a question I have not answered.

As I said, IBS is a diagnosis when you exclude everything else.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes sir, i have done all you test which you said and all are normal so my doctor said its post infectious ibs , the pain radiates , particularly its at ascending colon on lower right side but its also on lower left side and then its on right flank as well on left flank and lower right back and lower left back . The pain is mild and moves along means does not stay at one place , secondly my right ribs also pain. Please tell me about it

I am sorry i would rate you right now as excellent
OK

If it is IBS there are a number or possible ways to address this.
the diet should be a nutrient dense diet.

The diet, in order of preference in quantity, should look like this
leafy greens
green veggies
other veggies
whole fruit, beans and peas
Whole grains no yeasted breads, dry cereals or anything refined
Seeds and nuts, but cut out seeds if you have any diverticulosis.
A little tofu or tempeh daily
A little high quality soy or coconut milk yogurt

The soluble fiber in this strategy will stabilized colon function in about 6 to 8 weeks, then about 2 or three helpings of animal foods a week, preferably fish, can be added back.
See the book Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, for instructions on this type of diet.

Start cooked.

Also, take probiotics, these can be found in any pharmacy or health food store.

Make sure you are digesting food [chew it very well].

If you are not very much better in 8 weeks then see your doctor again.

e.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but please can you let me know if all these pains are all normal and it does happen in IBS
Yes I said this already that these are typical types of pains for IBS
They don't stay in one place.
They move around.
And they radiate.

Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience: Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir,do we get refered pains in the pelvis area and penis also in testicals in ibs ,Kind of a burning pain or some times pointed pain also its not a continous pain and goes away and comes back.

I did a urine test which came clear just urbc were 1-3 and wbc 2-4 and did a creatnine blood test which came normal .
NO
Pain in the testicles is usually a prostate problem or a testicle problem
You need an exam for this.
A prostate exam preferably by a urologist, then the urinalysis and culture after the prostate exam.

Let me know if you have further questions. Just use reply if you are not done.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok but what about the pelvis and penis , especially pelvis , does the pain radiate to pelvis , considering the test which i mentioned in my previous message.

IBS can give pain in the pelvis
It does not radiate to the testicles or penis typically.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done a ct scan with contrast for full abdominal , all the report was clear and no issues were report , there was only one issue whoch was
Liver appears mildly increased in size and shows normal contour. Focal hypodense area seen in the right lobe of liver(segment iv) mostly representing focal fatty infiltration. No evidence of intrahepatic biliary dilation. Portal vein and cdb appear normal in size and caliber

Please can you let me know about this
Many people have some fat in the liver.
In many cases this is from an unknown cause and is most often not significant.

What it does mean
Lose weight if indicated.
Avoid alcohol.
Avoid liver toxic meds such as tylenol and statins.

Let me know if you have further questions. Just use reply to expert if you are not done. Otherwise please do a positive rating only. If you still need to come back, that is fine as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As you are aware that i have ibs after salmonella, the doctor did a ct scan with contrast and all things were clear except of this.

I have pain in right ribs sometime achy and sometime pointed and also at the back , is it because of ibs or this liver thing or ibhave deficency of vit d major one. .

And this liver thing is not an issue , proper diet and exercise can bring it to normal, i am also underweight as lost weight in salmonella

Please opine
What you describe there is more likely muscular pain, not liver.

In this case physical therapy assessment and treatment will probably help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks so this liver thing is not to worry about right
NO
As long as your lab test are OK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry i didn't get it , which lab test are you referring to . My entire ct scan abdominal cam good , just this came as an issue . Are you referring to some other test
Comprehensive metabolic profile
Checks liver enzymes, kidney, and checks for diabetes and electrolytes.
CMP..
It is a routine lab.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did a liver profile test in september which came clear, is that enough for this
Yes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX to worry about right ;)
Correct

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my doctor gave a test of electrolytes in which urea came as 13 and range should be 16.6 - 48.5. All other things like sodium , potassium ,cholride , biacarbonate came normal . Is it anything dangerous also

Normal blood count test in which my HCT came 37.7 whereas the range are 42 - 52 , all other things in blood count are normal
Ad b12 and calcium are also normal

Please can you comment on both

Urea is OK when it is low unless you are malnourished
It is high urea that is the problem.
Yours if fine.
HCT is fine at 37.7 as long as the other values are normal.

Let me know if you have further questions. If you have any concerns just use reply to expert until you are ready to rate a positive for your satisfaction..

Please click on one of the positive ratings [smiley faces]: the only way we are compensated for time and expertise. If you are not done or satisfied, use reply to expert [not poor/negative]. Come back anytime. Bonuses are great…but your satisfaction is my goal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the urea clarification
About HCT
My RBC is 4.35. Range 4.5 - 5.9
Hb is 13.6 range 14 - 18
Mcv, mch , mchc , rdw , wbc , neut, lymp, monocytes , eosinophil, basophil, platet count all are normal

Calcium is in normal range
B12 is normal
I have recently done ct scan abdominal with contrast in which all came clear which gives us indication no bleeding

Then is it anything serious or problematic as per your expirence as you know my case history
You are fine
I would not have any concern about these labs.
Nothing is serious
Nothing is problematic.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks any precautions i should take
No
There is nothing problematic with these at all.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr thomas, i have this wiered kind of pain in the head like heaviness or sometime verigo or wiered feeling in head.....

Is this common in IBS , please also note i am in extreme stress and anxiety too because of ibs
It can be common more because of the extreme tress and anxiety.

I think we have been over this one.

Are you getting treatment for the anxiety?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nopes. What should i do for it .... To be honest the pains are now less and so is nasuea. ...2 days back i have this pain in left side and had pain or heavy left hand , i went to a doctor he examined and toook an ecg , an xray do chest and lung all were good.. I recently told you my blood count , vitamin level for b12 and calcium , ct scan are there. ....now you suggest , this headache is creaing problem
You need to get treatment by a doctor for the anxiety.
Usually an SSRI medication.

That would be my suggestion.
Then a lot of your symptoms might leave.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is an ssri medication and by looking at all the reports donyou think anything is wrong with me
No I think your doctor has identified everything.
SSRI is a medication class.
There are many medications in this class, such as zoloft.
This is a good treatment for anxiety disorder.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr thomas, i am having mild pain in between belly button and right side bone with mild nasuea , its been there for an hr or so, its also kind of pressure at that part . Do younthink it can be appendix or anything or its ibs
Appendix is lower right
It would get worse and more focused if it was appendicitis.

Here is a mayo clinic description of the symptoms of appendicitis.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/appendicitis/DS00274/DSECTION=symptoms

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir what are the symptoms
I just gave them to you if you use the web address
CAn you put that in your browser address space and hit enter?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh thank
AOK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have seen the symptom , the pain is not sharp, nor i have 36.7 celsius temp , i can pass gas , by the movements the pain is not hurting me . Just a mild nausea ....

Any comments
Probably your IBS.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did a urine dr test in which the report came
Urine physical
Color : yellow
Appearance : clear

Urine chemical
Sp gravity : 1.025
Ph : 6
Protein , glucose , ketone , bilrubin , hemoglobin , nitrite leucocytes esterase all null
Urobilnogen 3.2 umol/L. (Up to 16 umol/L is normal)

Urine microscopy
Red blood cells :occasional / HPF
Leucocytes : occasional / HPF
Epithelial cell : occasional / HPF
Non squamous epi cell : nill
Bacteria : nil
Yeast : nil
Cast : nil
Crystal : nill

Please let me know if its normal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Offline
Expert:  Dr. Natasha replied 1 year ago.
I just wrote an answer to you. Let me try to find it. weird.
Hello
Welcome back
Well, you do have a few red blood cells and white blood cells in the urine- which is not entirely normal. However, there are many instances where they will do an EXTENSIVE work up for this (termed microscopic hematuria) and they will find nothing. In fact, in about 20% of cases, no pathology is found.
That being said, they should send it for a culture to make sure that there is no infection and you should have a follow up urinalysis in 1 month. If you still have red and white blood cells, they need to do further investigation..

Take care!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Urine physical
Color : yellow
Appearance : clear

Urine chemical
Sp gravity : 1.025
Ph : 6

Urine microscopy
Red blood cells :occasional / HPF
Leucocytes : occasional / HPF
Epithelial cell : occasional / HPF
Non squamous epi cell : nill
Bacteria : nil
Yeast : nil
Cast : nil
Crystal : nill

Please let me know if its normal
Yes this is normal. If there are more than occasional blood cells, that would be abnormal. Particularly since it had been stable for months.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry you have already responded me on this one, i dont know as soon my browser opened t posted this wuestion
Are you looking for another opinion or did you have Another question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am having mild pain in the lower left side back , can this be a kidney problem and besides that the pain as started today other wise it was on the right side , secondly today i am going for urine more than usual but there is no pain and urine is clear ....

Please note i have ibs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Offline
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Yes, it is possible that pain in the lower left side of the back could be from a kidney problem. As we have discussed, it is also possible to get back pain from the IBS that you are known to have. If you are having pain or difficulty with urination or if there is blood in the urine, that would be more worrisome that there is a kidney problem, although simply urinating more frequently is very non-specific.

However, if you were having these symptoms when you had the urine test that you reported here several days ago, this test would indicate that there is no evidence of a kidney or urine problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just had a urine test 6 days back and the result is

Urine physical
Color : yellow
Appearance : clear

Urine chemical
Sp gravity : 1.025
Ph : 6

Urine microscopy
Red blood cells :occasional / HPF
Leucocytes : occasional / HPF
Epithelial cell : occasional / HPF
Non squamous epi cell : nill
Bacteria : nil
Yeast : nil
Cast : nil
Crystal : nill

Please let me know if its normal
Yes, this is normal. As I just noted, if you were having these symptoms when this test was done, there is no evidence of any kidney or urine problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The left side pain just started today so i would assume that its again ibs
It certainly is most likely IBS, since you are already known to have this problem. However, a normal urine test obtained several days before the onset of symptoms is not sufficient to indicate that there is no kidney or urine problem currently present.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I just found that LonXXXXX XXXXXs hospital found a cure for ibs which is a medication named sympove.

Do you have any idea about it
The product is called Symprove and is another probiotic. It is not a cure, although a significant percentage of people will go into remission. It is reasonable to try this or another probiotic to try to restore healthy germs in the gut, but it may not work for everyone.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience: Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am having mild pain or discomfort in the lower abdomen side its just below the belly button but towards the right side, sometime its pressure , sometime it pains mildly or some time it feels some thing is stuck at that place. Is this common in ibs
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Offline
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to the site. My name isXXXXX hope I can provide some helpful medical information for you today.

Yes that would be a relatively common symptom with IBS. Enteric coated peppermint is a very good research supported treatment to improve IBS. Enteric coated means that the capsules will not break down in the stomach acid but will instead be released further down in the GI tract to treat the irritated bowel. IBS flares with stress and can also be relieved by drinking warm chamomile tea and laying down with a pillow under the knee. Then gently massage the area of discomfort while taking big deep belly breathes and making sure the body is relaxed, especially the shoulders and legs.

Many women find a lot of relief with the above simple home care steps.

Please REPLY if I can clarify anything or provide more details.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
It may also help to keep a food diary to track when the symptoms are worst. There may be a few aggravating foods that can be eliminated from the diet to improve symptoms. Taking probiotics daily may also help. This can be with yogurt with live cultures or kefir drink. But research shows better improvement in bowel function by using capsule form of probiotics.

I hope this information is helpful.MEN TOO!! Sorry.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
chamomile tea is green tea or something else. He pain is pointed too sometimes and i also have backache specially at the right side , the upper right back where the back ribs are and lower right abdomen back side just behind and above the hip bone or you can say the right flank going till a little side of the back.

Is this common and i am a male
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
No green tea has caffeine. That will make it worse perhaps. Chamomile tea is easy to find at most stores. It's a flower that acts as a relaxant. The only thing you need to be sure of is that there isn't an issue with the appendix. If it's increasing over time and there is any nausea or vomiting, you'd want to seek care. Otherwise the at home steps that I've mentioned would be the next thing to try. It's also possible that there is something going on with the kidney with how you describe the pain above the hip wrapping around. But that location is also common for muscle spasms. If it's muscle spasms and IBS (they are commonly seen together) the abdominal massage, deep breathing and relaxation would help. Whether man or woman!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The pain is since morning and not extreme nasuea is there just comes and go, my urine is clear and its not going to the hip side either and when i press this area it pains a little .
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
So watch how it goes throughout the day. But if it gets worse and more nausea and vomiting develop, evaluation for appendicitis would be needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It all started after i had salmonella back in july and since then all these things started. I have done these tests and my age is 32 years
The test which i did were

28-Sep-2012

Stool Test: There is no Ova/ Parasities / Blood / mucus

I have done complete abdominal Ultrasound , which was clear on 3 sep

28-August-2012

Liver profile test; Which was clear

Thyroid test: Which was clear

Normal CT scan kbut for for stones and it was also cleared.

Recently on 15 nov i did a full abdominal ct scan with contrast which came clear , also. Celic test was done , hydrogen breath test , c protein reactive and all were clear

Please by your experience can you tell me what is it
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
If it started with salmonella back a few months ago, it's probably more related to the bowel not fully recovering yet. In that case all of the above measures with the peppermint, probiotics, tea and massage would be the thing to try next. Also a food diary to look for aggravating foods. It's good that you've had a very thorough evaluation for more serious causes. If the above measures are going to work, you should notice an improvement within a month, maybe even sooner.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its almost six months, do you think its ibs , the only test which is left is colonoscopy but ct scan with contrasts should tell something is wrong or esr or c proactive , something should say so

Do you think i need colonoscopy and
Is this ibs
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
With IBS there is often absolutely nothing that shows up in labs or imaging. It's considered a "functional disorder". That means that the bowels aren't working right but it doesn't seem to be detectable with testing. IBS will often flare with stress and things that throw the balance of the bowels out. Salmonella would be such a thing that could do this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So with your experience you think i have ibs and do you think i need colonscopy
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
As long as there is no a"acute abdomen" as described above or vomiting, it would be safe to do all of the above measures for 2-4 weeks so see if it helps. If no improvement further evaluation would be a good idea.

1. enteric coated mint
2. probiotics by mouth (yogurt, kefir or capsules)
3. chamomile tea, abdominal massage, breathing and relaxation
4. food diary to detect possible triggers

I hope it helps and no further evaluation is needed.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience: Physician with 28 years of experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. I really hope it works.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do we have pain in lower right abdomen in ibs,its a constant dull ache
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.OfflineDo we have pain in lower right abdomen in ibs. The pain are mild but constant
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 1 year ago.

The Rome criteria for IBS is- Symptoms of recurrent abdominal pain/discomfort accompanied by change in bowel habits for at least 6 months,with pain abdomen for at least 3 days in 3 months each.2 of the following 3 must apply-1.Pain is relieved by a bowel movement.2.The onset of pain is accompanied by a change in the consistency of stools.3.The pain is accompanied by a change in the frequency of the stools.The pain usually occurs in the left lower side where the descending colon is located,though it may occur anywhere including the right lower quadrant.In recurrent right lower quadrant pain recurrent inflammation of the appendix may be considered as a important cause which must be ruled out by your PCP/Physician .Other causes to consider in mild constant pain in the right lower quadrant would include Diverticulitis,kidney stones /kidney or uretric disorders and hernias.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This pain is for past 1 week now and its where ascending colon is , secondly its sometime pain and sometime discomfort also it sometime feel heaviness at right side i.e. lower right side....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Offline
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

Answers are for informational purposes only. If I don't respond right away, be patient. I will get back to you ASAP.

Hi.

Do you need help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is a consistent symptoms with IBS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir, it just above the hib bone and some time pelvic side or flank right side . If i press the area it pains too. , is it common

Yes, that is common with IBS.

Pain in this area plus changes with palpation.

This is all consistent with IBS

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And also lower back side right ......secondly if i eat anything it feel like i have too much and heaviness or pointed pain comes after that upper abdomen where i guess stomach or liver is and then it goes away
Yes, that bloating sensation after eating is consistent with it as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir, can you tell me the reason whats wrong with my colon....why its behaving like this
It's related to anxiety and your mental state

There is some evidence probiotics can help.

Get some with lactobacillus gg and saccharomyces boulardii

They might help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mine started with salmonella but its been six months ....
Yes it may take a while to get your normal gut bacteria back.

The probiotics may help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir with your experience and i told you the symptoms also i have told bout all the test and the lat test in mid of nov which was ct scan with contrast of full abdomen in which everything came clear including bowel structure was ll normal ..... Do you think anything lse is wrong or do i need colonoscopy ....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Offline
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 1 year ago.

I am glad to help.

You do not have anything seriously wrong with you.

But another test which you can consider as an alternative to colonoscopy is capsule endoscopy. In this, a small pill-like camera is swallowed and it takes pictures of your whole intestine. It is a very simple test and non - invasive and you can get it done very easily.

Ask about this test from your doctor.

Do ask if you have any more questions.

If my answer has helped you, please click on a happy face on the row of faces below to give me an 'excellent/good service' rating. It is only when you give a high rating that I get credited from the site for the time and care I have taken with your answer. Bonus and a good feedback is always welcome.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks sir, i asked about my doctor of this test. He told that you have done o many test like c proative , ct scan with contrast , hydogen test etc , if there was something wrong then we would have said. That we need further investigation , your weight is stable , no fever , no other symptom so its not required now please you tell
Your doctor is quite right.

Since all these tests are normal, you do not need any active investigations right at this moment.

You can follow a period of wait and watch for now.

I would agree with your doctor that a wait and watch policy is quite appropriate now.

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

I hope my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

If you are not yet satisfied, do not go for a lower rating, instead click on the 'continue conversation' button and specify what you feel was left unanswered, I am sure I can help you further.
With regards,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir then why my abdomen pains .... Why does colon pain or the lower right side front and lower back side pains
THis could be due to IBS.

This seems most likely.

With regards,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please can you tell me the reason why do we have pain in lower right section in ibs any articular reason
Well, ibs can affect you everywhere, but in the right lower quadrant is where the small bowel joins the large bowel. This is called the ileocecal valve. This area may be particularly sensitive in you.
There is also a syndrome which is being mentioned in medicine although it has not been regionally approved called ileocecal syndrome. Or ICV
you may have some of these symptoms
http://drshannonweeks.com/ileocecal-valve/

Hang in there.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey dr cameron happy new year and merry christmas ..... I am having pain in lower right front abdomen , kinda of low but sometimes achy , sometime seems current type and same is onj right flank and lower back side which is kind of near the flank....

Now dont know what is this. Secondly the thing you told me what is this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Offline
thanks still need help?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea please dr cameron just told me something about icv , do you think i have this and what is this

Well you never accept my responses so hopefully you will this time

ICV is not a valid diagnosis yet.

Stay tuned on that one.

sounds like IBS to me

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sir i do but i am suffering this for past 6 months, i live alone and i am afraid that this thing is what you guys are telling me but there has to be atleast some improvement so ... I just ask for my satisfaction and i have bugged you alot but please try to understand what i am going through

I understand but I have answered many questions, made many suggestions and had zero accepts.

I recommended probiotics by name

lactobacillus gg

saccharomyces boulardii

Try those

A positive rating is the only way I am credited for my time. Please don't click "bad" or "poor" service as this leaves me negative feedback. If you aren't 100% satisfied, just click "reply."

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir, we dont find these probiotics here .... Isnthis the medical name or company name
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Offline
The products listed by the other expert are the germs that are in the probiotic. They are available in a variety of brand names. When looking at any probiotic, it should list which good germs are included in the product, and these germs are what you should be looking for.

YOu can get them online
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How about bion 3 probiotic
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Offline
Yes, Bion 3 Probiotic is a good probiotic.

It contains one of the germs noted above, Lactobacillus, and some different germs, including 2 species of Bifidobacterium, which would also be good for your situation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks hen is the right time to take it and how much ...
This product is recommended to take once daily, and can be taken any time of day. If you find a different probiotic product, the label should state how it is to be taken.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr, can salmonella infection goes along for a year or so ... Means the bacteria are valid in human bodies for a year
Yes, it is possible for the germ to be present chronically. In most people the germ will be cleared from the body, but it can persist in this chronic, carrier state. In this situation, it frequently does not cause symptoms in the individual, so they don't go to the doctor, but the germ can be transmitted to other individuals. There actually is a classic case of this in the US in the early 1900s where it happened to a cook that infected dozens of other individuals and she came to be known as Typhoid Mary, and it remained in her for many years. However, if the germ is present, then a stool culture will typically be able to identify the presence of the germ.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
In my condition.... Is salmonella infection causing all this or its ibs .... As salmonella also causes all these symptoms.... Inwas reading on the website that salmonella complete flush out can take upto a year and your gut then will return to normal ...how valid is the statment
If the germ persists after an acute infection, it may take many years to clear from the body (it is not really a flushing out of the system, it is cleared by the immune system). However, it is much more common for the acute infection to clear in a short time frame but have persistent IBS symptoms, even though the germ is no longer present. This is the most likely cause of your symptoms, but if there is any question of whether the germ is still present, performing a stool culture will clarify whether it is present.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did a stool test normal in which it showed no parasites , blood or occult present so i guess thats cleared up....and that was in october .... Is it good enough
If they did a culture at the same time, then yes, it would be good enough. A test for parasite or occult blood is not a culture. But since you had a previous documented episode of Salmonella, they typically would have also done a culture.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hmm ok.... I hope this pain / discomfort / nausea and headache all this gets over because it has really impacted my life.....as all the test are clear up like the last test was ct scan with contrast abdominal which was clear
In IBS, all of these tests are typically normal. Performing the tests is appropriate to rule out other possible causes of the symptoms. But it is to be expected that all of these other tests would be normal in someone with IBS. Since there is no test that will confirm the diagnosis of IBS, the diagnosis is made in a person with typical symptoms by ruling out the other possible causes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lol yea ... Is there any other test which is left for me
No, your doctor (or doctors) have done the appropriate tests, assuming that they did a stool culture when the other stool tests were done.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes sir they have ..... Otherwise blood report would have shown something in it
Yes, blood tests would look for certain problems, but blood tests would not identify IBS.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea no test can , i was talking about salmonella and have done so many test they would have shown something and i guess thats the reason now everyone is saying ibs right ... You also know my history
A blood test would not detect someone with a chronic infection with Salmonella; it would be the stool culture that would identify its presence. A blood test will frequently be abnormal during an acute infection with Salmonella, but not the chronic infection.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just saw my reports , stool culture done in august says that no salmonella, shigella , campylobacter not isolated
That would indicate that the germ cleared in the short term, so there is no need for you to be concerned about whether the germ has persisted from the original infection.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so ibs its all remains :) lets see when this will clear up
Yes, it is indicative of being IBS. Unfortunately, only the passage of time will tell when it will clear up.

Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can ct scan with contrast for full abdominal can detects ibd or crohns disease , inflammation type
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Offline
Expert:  Ken replied 1 year ago.

Yes, CT scan with contrast {intravenous, oral and rectal} can detect inflammatory bowel disease. It can be seen as irregular margins/ loss of saculation/ strictures/ pericolonic collections or abscess.

Best
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks inflammation in the colon means IBD or IBD is something else and inflammation is something else .... Like if a person has a cut on his hand due to any reason the same theory. That a cut is in the colon can ct scan detect that. And is it IBD
Expert:  Ken replied 1 year ago.

IBD is inflammatory bowel disease. It is a general term for inflammation of the bowel {colon included}. The main forms of IBD are Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis (UC). A minor cut at the mucosa may be missed on a CT scan however it can be thought of by the Radiologist on surrounding signs like edema, extra.

Best
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So in other words the minor cut will also be revealed in ct scan
Expert:  Ken replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it can be detected on the CT scan {contrast enhanced}.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks i asked you this question because i am having mild pain in right lower area above the hip bone and some time below the hip bone and also lower right back.... If i touch it pains too but mild pain so i thought that i should ask ...otherwise i guess we do have pain like these in ibs
Expert:  Ken replied 1 year ago.
Yes, such pain can be seen with IBS.

CT should give us more answers.

Best
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did the full ct with contrast for entire abdomen they give fluid or barium i guess from mouth , by IV and by anus in to colon. Everything came normal

Any views
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Offline
Expert:  Ken replied 1 year ago.

I would get a colonoscopy done in that case. It is more sensitive than a CT scan.

Best
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any specific reason you want me to do colonoscopy, CT with contrast came clear ,Celic test was done , hydrogen breath test , c protein reactive and all were clear, stool came clear

The pains you told are common on the lower right section are common.
Expert:  Ken replied 1 year ago.

Scopy will show mucosa more clearly than any of the tests {including CT}. CT is more specific for the wall and surrounding structures than the mucosa.

Best
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ahan but after all these test which i have done and my symptoms do you think i should go for this test ...whats your suggestion
Expert:  Ken replied 1 year ago.

If I were you - I would get colonoscopy for sure.

Best
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok whats mucousa you told , what problems do you see i could have
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Other.
Offline
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thanks for your question. I am glad to help you again. By mucosa we mean internal skin of the intestines. On CT scan we can't see the internal skin or mucosa of intestine but on colonoscopy we can see it and if any suspicion we can take biopsy. Any question? If so please give me the honor to help you. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr hasan its good i found you , he was saying that i should go for colonoscopy as i have pain in lower right section above my hip bone but this pain also moves to other area and to lower right back . My question was why should i do it i have done so many test
If there was anything it should pop up by now i like c proactive for inflammation , ct scan with contrast full abdomen , stool test and so on....

The pain i s there for past 6 months and my weight s constant for last 2 months .... I dont have other sign either....

So do you think i should go for it
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your reply. The lists of tests can never end but we have to go clinically and in my opinion colonoscopy will not reveal anything more for you so in my opinion you don't need to go for further test like colonoscopy. You already had a battery of tests so colonoscopy is not going to add anything.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Exactly, this has put me in extra stress as crp test and ct scan , any one test should have reveled something if there was swelling my bowel thickening would be not ok , if inflammation or cut there should be something and fr 6 months it should have showed something like some indication

Please correct me if i m wrong what else could be in colon , secondly i ave constipation but stool does come after 2 or 3 days and there is mucus i agree but not that much that it becomes all white. So please let me know if you think there cn be other thing too
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. Yes i do agree with you. There are two aspects, first that your tests were clear, second that suppose if there was something, it should have been obvious by now by showing symptom typical for caner. So neither history nor tests are indicating anything serious so i personally think that its time to be relaxed rather to get stressed for more tests. You have mentioned the possible causes and there is nothing which can be added here. So just relax and rock :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On a serious note thankyou only two questions

1) why this site pain even when i touch it pains but on other sites it pains but when i touch it does not. Why that particular area pains much then others and why it pain when i touch

2) are you from pakistan :)
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I will address your concerns separately.

The pain on pressing or touching in medical language is called tenderness. Tenderness in abdomen can be because of two major issues. Either muscular problem or some serious acute infection or abscess etc inside. Now if it was serious infection or abscess etc then it would have been obvious by now because in that case condition worsens just in hours so in so many weeks nothing serious has happened so we can rule that serious infection out.Moreover tests should have shown something. So we are left with muscular issue, that can be one possibility that at the site where the tenderness is, there can be some muscular pain. Other than this nothing is possible for sure. I hope i have clarified this.

2) are you from Pakistan :)

I am sorry we are not allowed to disclose our location on justanswer but your guess is not that bad ;)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks .... Can it be gastic causing this issue of pain as ibs cause ibs cause a lot of gas right

Lol yea well i am from pakistan ....
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Well glad to know this.
Coming back to your question. If you meant to say gastritis then no it's not likely to be gastritis because the location is not consistent. To me it sounds like IBS because IBS has no set pattern in everyone. For one it can behave in a specific manner ad for other the pattern can be different. So it's necessary to have gas always in IBS.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So does patients of ibs feel this tenderness and pain normally. Without any reason
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
No they don't. That's why in the light of normal tests I am suspecting muscular pain and for that your doctor can try physical therapy or physiotherapy for you. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But on the websites they are saying that these pains are common and
I was asking about gastic issue which we have after food not gastritis
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks fr getting back to me. Pain is common but pain on pressing is not common rather usually not seen in IBS. Gastic is not possible because in that pain has be under the rib cage in midline or slightly to left but at the site of your pain it's not at likely. However you might have gastic too but pain of gastic is only felt at the site where i have mentioned. If my response was helpful, please remember to rate my answer and rest assured that i am always here for your help, regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So by your experience this is all muscular and nothing else ....and nothing to worry about of i have anything serious
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
I can say with full confidence that there is nothing serious that i can suspect. Mot likely its muscular.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks alot dr hasan, you have calmed me down , i pray the best for you and pray that this get over soon.
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
My best wishes are with you and i pray too that you get well soon.
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience: MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I gave an excellent service did you got it
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much, i got it and next time if you have any question, please get back to me. Even if offline i will try to get back to you as early as possible. If you want me to answer your question, you can post a new question with my name in the beginning. Good night for now, regards.
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Dr, Hassan. Please can you let me know if there some kidney issue like infection or trauma or any other thing what are the most common symptoms of it

Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. Yes sure i am going to write a list of symptoms which can be felt by a person having kidney disease; either infection, trauma or any disease.

1. Burning during passing urine.
2. Pain in the abdomen in line with the umbilicus (flank area) This pain can radiate from back to front. Can radiate to testis, radiate to groin.
3. Pus discharge in urine.
4. Blood in urine.
Lower abdominal pain if bladder is involved but one or more of the above symptoms are there with the lower abdominal pain.

The above are the most common symptoms in order of frequency.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr hasan , i am having this pain on the left side , its mild pain but left flank or just above the hip bone , its exactly not flank a little back of the flank take 4 - 5 cm back of the flank and when i press it pains too and the pain is only at that location , this is the area where we press , we feel soft or muscles ..... I guess can you let me know if it is my kidney .... Or something else
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
This cannot be kidney pain because.

1. The tenderness in kidney problem cannot be felt this way.
2. The site of this pain is not consistent with kidney.
3. The initial or basics symptoms of kidney infection are not there.
4. If there was anything it would have been obvious on scan, urine R/E and kidney function tests. These are basic tests and you must have got them done.
I still feel its muscular.

Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The test which i did were ct scan contrast which was done in nov and on dec i did a urine test ..... Will these test be valid. Today

A little while back when i was breathing deeply i felt pain to a type of current pain jbut that become ok ..now its just the pain , urine is not burning either and just the pain ....
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Yes those tests are still valid because they are not likely to detoriate so early. Your symptoms moreover are not at all consistent with kidney infection or anything related to that. Ct scan with contrast requires kidney function tests and those function must be normal and that's why they proceeded for scan with contrast so I really feel that nothing serious is there at your end. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea creatinine test were ok also urea blood test was low. So doc said its good , someone told me that this site is also called nuro muscle site so ibs causes these pains in muscle secondly they say that kidney is little bit on the upper side and inside so you can feel by touching , thirdly i also feel pain when touching too in the back left side of the rib cage. The bone basically

And the pain in the below area is sometime a line type pain or sometime just pain ....

Your comments please
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for Your input. IBS doesnot cause pain on pressing any area and the pain of IBS is never neuromuscular this way. Yes kidney is in that location but one cannot feel the pain on pressing. Such pain in kidney problems can only be felt in very advanced cases and due to normal tests this cannot be your cause for sure. I am 100% convinced that your symptoms are not indicative of kidney problem. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So its all muscular pain.... And i can use heating pads on it right
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
According to my experience yes it's most likely to be muscular. The options which you can do includes, heating pad and tab Tylenol. Your doctor can offer physical therapy. Regards
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks sir
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Most welcome brother.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr Hasan , in a CT scan report , its written no evidence of significant lymphadenopathy , what does it means , someone told me that its a police or defense mechanism in the body
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thank a lot for your input. Lymph nodes are small organs in our body. They are found in many parts of the body. They are normally not visible ad usually not detected on examination or CT scan but they can get enlarged secondary to infections and cancer. They are police man because they can trap the cancer and infection before they spread to other parts of the body. So in your case you are safe as no significant lymphadenopathy means that your lymph nodes are not enlarged and that's how they normally should be. So you are healthy :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hahaha , Dr hasan thanks for your support, if there is any inflammation or ibd , will these things become enlarge or move
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
:) no inflammation or IBD doesn't give rise to enlarged nodes. The nodes are the same thing which we get in our neck during sore throat sometime.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ahan three thing from you ,

1) i have this noises coming out of my stomach specially when i lie don straight ..... Is this gas and its too much of gurgling sound

2) i have this wired sensation in my head ...what can that might be

3) lie down relaxes me then standing ...... Also the-stupid pain lower right side above hip bone and at the same place at the back or shall i say opposite
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. Since i know about your history and test results so based on that the answer to your concerns is as follows.

1. Yes that is due to gas which is a symptom of IBS.

2. This is anxiety.

3. The pain in lower right side again i would say is muscular specially if changing position of your body helps then its muscular and nothing else in my opinion.

Regards
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr hasan , i forgot to tell you obe thing remembr yesterday i told you that i am having pain in lower left back well it stayed for couple of hours and then it vanished , i now have pain in the right section only :) ......
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
I am so sorry to hear about your pain. Is this the same pain as you used to have before? Does this feel like cramp like it go away but suddenly comes back?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No its not cramping type pain , remember yesterday i message you that i am having pain left flank or a little bit at the back and asked you that if its the kidney and you said no it seems to be muscular , that pain remained couple of hours and today i dont feel anything , can it be gas because if it was mascular then i didnt did anything so how could it go away ....
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Few more questions before I answer this with confidence. How much water you drink daily and do you pass gas more than usual ? What is consistency of stool you pass these days?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well 5 glasses , well not as such normal gas and for past days i am having 1 bm daily but sometimes ...
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I was trying to figure out that the cause of your lower abdominal pain might be related to IBS and muscular both. But as per your description it seems that its more likely to be muscular alone because.
1. The shifting pain from flank to lower back in the absence of any urinary symptoms is likely to be muscular.
2. In the absence of cramping type of pain, normal stool consistency ad normal gas its more likely to be muscular rather than IBS. However IBS might have some input too.
Five glasses for a person suspected to have intestinal problems is not sufficient. You should drink 8 to 10 glasses at least and this will help you. You should try some pain killer like tylenol and if this helps then muscular pain will become more likely.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr hasan , i will tell you one thing very honestly today . I am afraid now of dont know what .... I was not like this at all but in the past 6 months what has happened to me ... I have lost my confidence and is afraid ,i live in riyadh and have a 1 yr daughter ....now any food i take i think what if anything goes wrong .... Today i ate biryani a little but now i am having bloated feeling in my stomach or upper abdomen , i am having nausea and suddenly the left side pain again came while talking to you and my right side ascending colon side is like in pressure and worst of all my head , it seems that its off or in pressure ..... And these are the-symptoms ...

I really dont know whats wrong with me ..... Sometimes i think its the end of me and that why i bug you alot
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I really don't think the way you are thinking because you have a muscular pain or IBS pain. There is no other cause which i can think of. I have asked for details always and after reviewing all that and your tests , i can say with confidence that nothing serious is wrong with you. At least nothing serious is physical but you do have anxiety and i strongly suggest you to visit a psychiatrist as he can really help you. Visiting psychiatrist doesn't means that you have gone mad, you just have got anxiety and this is not uncommon. I have seen many patients with symptoms and fears like yours. Treatment by a psychiatrist has really helped them. This always doesn't mean tablet but a counseling by psychiatrist can help you. I have more than 10 years experience of managing serious patients and i give you my words that none of your problem is life threatening. You have a long life ahead with your family including your daughter so try to be strong because nothing can go wrong without God's will and nothing is supposed to happen till God allows so have faith in God and in yourself. But for now i give you my words that your symptoms and your tests are not indicative of a single serious cause even.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir, if i was infornt of you , you really could see the tears .... I dont know then why these pains are not leaving me alone ... The pains are driving me crazy , the nasuea too , if i dont have anything then why the pain ..... Here some of the doctors also said that may be you do this or do that or colonoscopy but wheni argue with them ...thy cant sy anything like colonscopy i say why and they say may be something is there
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
I am so sorry to hear that you are so upset. As i said IBS can be the cause, in IBS nothing is found on tests. In muscular pain, nothing is found on tests. So having pain with everything clear doesn't mean that everything is normal. Colonoscopy is not required in my opinion because it is coming to be normal but if your gastroenterologist wants this to be done then you can go for it. Other than gastroenterologist you should not follow anyone. There is one use of colonoscopy in your case, if it comes to be normal, which it will, this will further confirm the diagnosis of IBS. If someone says that it may show anything serious then he is not right because colonoscopy will come clear if your scan with contrast was normal. You can try over the counter available pills for nausea and stomach problem. The generic names of these drugs are omeprazole and dimehydrinate. If these drugs help you then this will again mean that you have IBS. But please make yourself strong because you are going to be ok soon. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My gastro doctor said that he does not think he requires and he said wait for couple of months if pain dosent go then he would say but he is not convincing me or the way he talks is i guess he is tired of me ..... Every other doctor has some other finding .... Some say you go with colonoscopy some says go with this test

Sir ... Some say ct scan-with contrast cannot see colon and might miss couple of things .... Do you thing is that soo because they say it has missed thats why you have pain ....is that really so
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your input. As i explained previously Colonoscopy is just going to be a confirmatory procedure for you to show that there is nothing abnormal in the internal skin of intestines. But if someone say that some serious thing like a mass or something else can be found in colonoscopy in your case then i really don't agree. I personally suggest that you should follow what your gastro doc said because i agree with him. He might not be very good at explaining things to you but i assure you that he has rightly advise you that colonoscopy at this stage is not something absolutely necessary.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir , what can colonoscopy detects and ct scan cannot .... Any particular thing ....
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your input. Colonoscopy can detect those problems which CT scan can miss. These problems include those which affects the internal skin of the intestines (mucosa). These diseases include inflammatory bowel disease. This disease is different from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). The symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease include abdominal pain, severe diarrhea, vomiting, bleeding from rectum. Only pain is not a feature of inflammatory bowel disease and that is the reason that your doctor is not willing for colonoscopy and i too don't agree because your symptoms are not consistent with inflammatory bowel disease. Otherwise CT scan with contrast is superior sometime because it can asses areas which colonoscopy cannot so it can show more causes. I hope i am clear now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh yes ... Because if i have this inflammatory thing then albium serium & CRP would be elevated also esr would be up and may be i can be anemic ...

Am i right
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
LOL you are half doctor now :)

Yes you are absolutely right.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lol ... You know in my office my bosses said that you are a doctor , my boss was having pains in abdomen .... He was scared i said your symptoms are of gas but doctor said to do ultra sound and it was clear so he said may be gas ....

I can be your assistant
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Yes sure why not. Your boss was right. So anything else i can help you with?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks i was just in confusion of what is the difference between ct scan and colonscopy .... You have cleared me ... And i guess colonscopy is only used for this and nothing else
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
You got t right. There are many other reasons for colonoscopy but i have tried to focus on your specific problem so that you remain clear about your problem. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir , what other reasons ....
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
There are other reasons like if mass is found on scan the colonoscopy can be used to take biopsy from that mass. If polyp is found it can be used for excision of polyp. If there is bleeding from inside, it can be used to stop the bleeder.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mass or polyp both can be detected on ct scan right and by mass means inflammation or something else
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Mass and polyp can be detected easily by CT scan. Inflammation is better seen on colonoscopy. Inflammation and mass are separate things. Don't think that you have inflammation which CT has missed because with inflammation there are symptoms like diarrhea being most likely and common. I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yea thanks inflammations have other symptom ....what about gurgling sounds i have and excess gas ....can i use flagy or should i use prantaprozole or any other medicine which can relieve me from excess gas
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Gurling sounds can be related to IBS. You should use yogurt daily and yes you can try pantaprozole for pain that comes after food intake. Always walk after dinner and try to remain busy after meals.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks dr hasan thank alot ...i am very much grateful to you ...... Really thanks ....sir
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome and you can aways ask me anything you want. There are times where i can be offline and at that time you can wait if you want. I feel glad to help you and you will always find me helpful. Regards
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr hasan , today basically was an ok day ... I didnt had nasuea nor headche except of the pain on lower right side and lower back side , right pelvic .....pointed , heaviness type....my dctor changed medicine to. VERINE FOR IBS

Do you have any idea.... About the med
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Whom did you see? I mean which specialist?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gastro doctor ...
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your input. Excellent choice i must say, it contains mebeverine hydrochloride. It's an antispasmodic drug and its function is to relieve painful contractions of the intestine. It will help you a lot because it will relax your intestine and resultantly will help you get rid of this pain. Ideally you should take it like 20 to 30 minutes before your meal. This has no much side effects so i am hopeful that it is going to help you, regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but why did you ask which doctor has given , if gp has given this medicine then i there any issue
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
I asked because i wanted to be sure that you have seen a gastro because you need peace of mind too from best person and gastro is the best person for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also discuss the same and he said its only ibs and nothing else because everything is clear and ibs cause these kind of painsu
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
I said so too. So no worries, just relax and enjoy with your family :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks sir...
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome. I am so happy for you today. I do feel that you are feeling good today. Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i feel better then yesterday ... I hope it stays the same also started to take yoghurt and isphagol ...
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Well that's really going to help you. Good luck and i am hopeful that you will improve. Days might come when you can have some pain but don't get stressed, you will be fine soon. Regards
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sir, today was an ok day , just this i am having excessive gas formation whichbis putting pressure on sides and in the center above bELly bUtton , the middle part i feel mild cramps too and gurgling sounds also it seems something is moving inside palpitaion sort of in the stomach..... I have taken verine 30 mins before food ...any advise
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Thanks a lot for your input. I am glad to know that you felt better today. Well all the symptoms you are having are because of IBS and besides Verine i have just one suggestion that drink lots of fluids, you will feel much better.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can verine stops gas formation and bloating,because the pressure of gas is too much and its going down to pelvic and sides / ribs / back ...
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.
Yes it is supposed to do this. Verine is quite effective in relieving pressure of gas but give it sometime to see its effects.