Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Resident, Family Medicine, American Doc, 5 yrs pre-hospital Emergency Care
13500761

i have pain on the right upper side of my stomach and can not

i have pain on the right upper side of my stomach and can not hold down anything but jello for a week and a half now. my blood work came back that i have elevated WBC but liver was fine...what can it be?
Greetings from New York, this is Dr. Jerry E. I'm so glad you asked this question, let me give you some medical information now.

Did your doctor examine your stomach for tenderness at all?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes it was a NP...she ordered a ultrasound cant get in for a week want to know if i should go to ER

Your symptoms are that of gallbladder disease. You seem to be experiencing a gallbladder attack. Common symptoms of this are:

• steady gnawing pain in upper right abdomen near the rib cage, can be severe and can radiate to the upper back.
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Changing position... taking over-the-counter pain relievers...and passing gas do not relieve the symptoms.

If pain is worsening, you should seek emergency medical attention. Often, the gallbladder must be removed to alleviate symptoms.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you! so it doesnt matter that my liver function came back good...the NP said that meant it would not be my gallbladder but to have the ultrasound just in case. Even though my pain is worse and WBC are elevated.