Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Resident, Family Medicine, American Doc, 5 yrs pre-hospital Emergency Care

Severe ocd psychiatry

I have severe ocd i asked this question before but I will ask it again a long time ago 7 years I picked my daughter up from school I had been drinking.         Recently last week  .               I asked her if she remembered the cab she said no,  then I asked her if we took a cab she said yes. I asked her these questions recently she explained to me in her own words after that that she didnt remember the nam of the cab, or which cab we took but she said we took a cab. I had also asked her if she remembered the color she said no but once again said that we took a cab . Why do I keep obsessing over this it is killing me.

Greetings from New York, this is Dr. Jerry E. I'm so glad you asked this question, let me give you some information now.

OCD can be very draining to those who have it.
I'd like you first to identify this-
which is more concerning/important to you-
the idea that your daughter may recall the this event? (and know that you had been drinking)
the details of the cab?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The taking of the cab was the most important thing because I wanted to be sure I had not driven the I am very glad that she rememberd the incident what freaked me out first was she said she didnt remember the cab but remembered taking it she explained that she didnt remember the name of the cab or which cab it was but we definitely took a cab. I do not drink at all anymore

Based on your daughter's answer, It's evident that you definitely did take a cab Since you identified that as your primary concern- does this evidence provide you any relief?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Okay. That's a start.

A lot of your OCD symptoms can be managed, as long as you assess and treat them in their beginning stages.
For example, By using that simple "priority analyzation" method, You were able to alleviate some of your OCD symtpoms on your own simply by recognizing the most important variable in the situation.

Are you still obsessing over this situation at all? If so, why?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I think this is more than a start thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I think this is more than a start thank you you really helped me

You are very welcome. I'm glad I was able to help. I hope you will ensure that I get credit for my assistance with your issue.

Please click on ACCEPT so that I get answer credit. Or If you have further questions-feel free to ask. Positive feedback is appreciated. Bonuses the most helpful,especially for multiple answers.
Hi there,
How have your OCD symptoms been in recent days? Have you been able to use the method we discussed to reduce them?

I hope you are feeling better!