Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.

Hi i have pain at right side of my back and right side at the

Hi i have pain at right side of my back and right side at the front with pins and neddles sensation at my hand feet back and my face what shiuld i do its not constent but comes and goes?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!
Thanks for your question. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

How long are you having these symptoms? Do you have any diagnosed medical problem? Is it always affecting the same area? Do you feel any muscular weakness, decrease muscle mass, loss of balance? Have you been evaluated for it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi i have been having back pain about 10 days sometimes refres to front of my back area same side under my ribs at the right side .
I donot have muscular decrease or muscular weakness or loss of balance but i have this pins and neddles everywhere effecting my work.
i donot have any medical problems but i had a misscarige at nivember 2011.
Thank you
arezoo manafzadeh
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
forgot to mention i had full blood test in may this year doctor told me j have really low iron and i have ti take iron tablets one 3 times a day i toke the tablets for 3 months till agust time and when i had a misscarrige they told me im low in hemogolobin the y gave me iron tablet i didnot take it as was givin me stomach pain till i had a bood test and start taking them from ill alwayes been low in iron but the misscarrige made it worse i think i hope these infirmations help.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Shah replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information.
I am sorry to hear about your symptoms.
Based on your description, you have lower backache along with pins and needle sensation off and on. Since you have it for 10 days only, I am not strongly suspecting it as a arthritis specially at your age, but musculoskeletal pain is quite possible. Good thing is that most people with muculoskeletal pain recover with conservative measures such as rest, ice/heating pad, mild stretching exercise, physiotherapy, and pain meds. OTC meds are generally good for these purpose, but stronger pain meds can be prescribed in a situation when regular pain meds are not helpful. It is also important to note that, lower backache can be also due to nerve compression/irritation, in that case also these conservative measures are helpful. For nerve related pain meds like lyrica, neurontin can be also considered for better pain control.

As far as pins and needles are concerned, it can be associated with wide number of causes such as nerve damage, diabetes, exposure to toxins, chronic alcohol use, vit B12 deficiency etc. It can also be associated with thyroid problem, decrease blood supply to the area or nerve root compression. I would certainly recommend you to visit your doctor for proper evaluation. You should consider blood test, urine test, x ray lower spine/MRI, thyroid test to find out the cause of backache and those sensation.

One more important thing, if you get these sensation as an attack to only one side of your body, that persist for a short period and disappear, then neurogenic/brain related problem also needs to be ruled out. Thus, I see a very strong need for neurologist evaluation.

Please let me know if you have any other question for me.
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience: Years of experience in patients' management.