Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I received a leaflet promoting Biotherapex Liver Enzyme Rejuvenation. The

I received a leaflet promoting Biotherapex Liver Enzyme Rejuvenation.
The leaflet is very enticing to buy. It sounds too good to be true.
How many of the arguments to buy are true?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Mysticdoc :

Thanks for your question.

Mysticdoc :

I have not been able to locate any clinical studies on Biotherapex liver rejuvenation.

Mysticdoc :

Hence, there is no scientific data to support whatever the company is claiming.

Mysticdoc :

Another problem is this supplement has not be regulated by any regulation authority (FDA etc.)

Mysticdoc :

Hence, the reliability of the product is also questionable.

Mysticdoc :

Being said that, does the manufacturer mention what ingredients this product contains?

Mysticdoc :

If you do not find the list of ingredients, that is another red flag against this product.

Mysticdoc :

Best wishes,

Customer:

So far, the answer is not satisfactory. She asked if there were ingredients. I gave her the long list of ingredients and did not receive any response as yet.

I hope I am wrong, but it looks to me that you guys do not have any doctors. You use computer programs instead.

Mysticdoc :

Hi I have not received the list of any ingredients.

Please make sure you typed and then clicked on the 'REPLY' button.

Thank you,

We are board certified doctors.

Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA
The other expert has opted out
please give me a link to the ingredients you have
It is not on your posts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I typed the ingredients on the post you placed on Google. My list is missing there now. So I am going to list the ingredients here again.

Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, C, E, D.

8 minerals: iron, Calcium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Sodium, Manganese, magesium, Copper, Chrome and Zinc.

Enzymes: Bromelain and Papain, Creatine Phosphate.

They promise in four weeks:

Relief from Rheumatism pain, Arthritis; improvement in cholesterol and diabetes, reduction in age spots, skin problems and weight.

Attached to the leaflet is a Guarantee Certificate to try for 30 days, signed by Dr. A.Schreiner.

Doctors that recommend the pills are:

Dr. Kaplan, Los Angeles, Ca; Dr. Abrodovich, Minneapolis, MN; Dr. Schwartz, New York, NY; Dr. Browning, Heuston, TX.

What particularly strains my credibility is how all these ingredients fit all in one pill. Is that possible?

Hi again.

Experts use only these posts..I know nothing about any other posts on google.

But this is certainly my area of expertise and you can find me by question any time.

This compound is essentially some vitamins minerals, digestive enzymes, creatine [which has no purpose here].

The claims are completely unfounded. This will not provide relief any better than a multi-vitamin. There are no studies or clinical trials, and the claims to not even make sense scientifically./
B vitamins might help a little with cholesterol.
Iron supplements can be pro-inflammatory and I don't use them out side of iron deficiency.

There is nothing here to help with diabetes, age spots, skin problems or weight at all.
There is nothing other than bromelain to help with arthritis pain, and bromelain might have a mild benefit.

Let me know if you have further questions. Just use reply if you are not done.

Please rate one of the positive ratings: the only way we are compensated for time and expertise. If you are not done or satisfied, use reply to expert [not poor/negative]. Come back anytime. Bonuses are great…but your satisfaction is my goal.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas

Experience: Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Dr. Thomas:

I am through with this question. I am not going to buy these wonder pills. When I buy pills that go with claims for health, my first consideration is: do no harm. You scared me with your comment about iron. I have more than enough and encourage my inflammatory function I do not want. This comment of yours hit my first considreation above.

I thank you for your advice again. If you can, please give me your opinion about something I am wondering and you did not respond to: is it possible to include sufficient amounts of ingredients they clame in just one pill? In our conversation I gave you a list of different supplement pills I take for years. I think they help me. If even one of them were detrimental, I would be dead years ago. But all these are separate pills! How could the claimants of this wonder pill pack so many ingredients in ONE pill! Doesn't that stretch credibility too much?

Yes, it is possible to have mega ingredients on one pill but the quantity is always suspect, as you have seen.
Usually if the product is high quality there are 2 to 4 pills a day to meat the quantity claims.

Let me know if you have further questions or additional concerns. Just use reply if you are not done.