PK
PK, Doctor
Experience:  MD
16173041

I experienced accidental anal penetration during regular sex

I experienced accidental anal penetration during regular sex which was quite painful (just one quick entry). This occurred 4 days ago, there was some pain the next day but none since. There was no blood. I have experienced fecal incontinence/ leakage since this occurrence.
Initially it was as though I was constipated, i think matter I was passing was hard but I'm not sure. Obviously leakage has been more like liquid. Today it is more like I have diarrea but still incontinence.. particularly if there is any small gas passing. i have not noticed all the much mucus... maybe a tiny amount.
THere is no blood in fecal matter but i think the area around is bleeding very very slightly (like a drop)... more likely due to needing to go to the bathroom more and wipe more.
On the same day as the incident I tried one serving of a whey protein powder with my breakfast. I am lactose intolerant. I have tried half a serving since this time but experienced no other lactose intolerance symptoms such as bloating/pain from this.
I have been vegetarian for 7 months but eat fish once a fortnight and eat eggs and lactose free milk or soy milk.
I went to the dr yesterday, but I was too embarrassed to tell him about the sex incident. He checked and rulled out a solid stool blocking my passage in any way and said things felt normal.
My period is late (49 days since last period started, my cycle is normally about 35 days). i think it is unlikely i am pregnant as i have had no issues to my knowledge with the condoms I use. but I am not on the pill so it is possible. I have used a take home pregnancy test which was negative but I also have had a blood test. I do not yet have the results to this test.
I am underweight (BMI about 18.9 - calc by dr. Height 170cm and Weight 54.5kg).
Dr I saw has had me take blood tests mainly for my low weight but I do not have these results back yet. A blood test a month ago indicated healthy thyroid, blood count etc and low iron so I am taking 2 iron tablets twice (most) days... have been doing this for about 3 -4 weeks.
I only need advice on my issue with incontinence as I am worried there may be muscle damage? As I said there is no pain though. Dr suggested increased fiber. Nothing else has changed my lifestyle recently. Perhaps increased stress levels.
THank you
Category: Medical
Expert:  PK replied 1 year ago.

PK :

Welcome to just answer.

I am sorry to hear of your discomfort .

Please enter the chat

Customer:

hi

PK :

Do you have blood in your stools ?

Customer:

no

PK :

Are you worried about the incontinence?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

that's my only concern at the moment for this chat

Customer:

I listed everything else incase there was a link at all

PK :

Okay Thank you for the information

PK :

You should get a check to ensure that the anal sphincter is functioning normally . This can at times get effected after anal intercourse but usually gets better by itself in a week or so

PK :

This is seen at times with anal intercourse

PK :

If this does not get better within a week then you need tests along with a per rectal examination

Customer:

Ok. It only went in once. I have an appointment with a dr next week so I guess I'll just ask him then?
Is a GP able to check? Is it permanent?

PK :

Like I said most of the times the person recovers

PK :

Your GP can check you and if he feels there is damage he can refer you to a surgeon

PK :

So at this point of time you should not worry and keep a look out on how you progress

Customer:

Ok so i guess by then I'll know. I just wasn't sure if it was normal. I dont think the diarrea is helping either. I assume that is separate?

Customer:

Ok thanks

PK :

Well diarrhea can contribute to incontinence

PK :

Thus people with diarrhea often are incontinent

PK :

Thus this may pass as the diarrhea gets better

PK :

YOu should follow the BRAT diet and drink lot of fluids like gattorade in the meantime

PK :

I wish you all the best , a speedy recovery and great health

PK :

Take care and god bless

PK :

Do let me know if you have further doubts .
If my answer has helped you, please click on a four or five star rating, or a 'great service' rating, depending on what is displayed for you. It is only when you give a high rating that I get credit for my work.

If you are not yet satisfied, do not go for a lower rating, instead click on the 'continue conversation' button and specify what you feel was left unanswered, I am sure I can help you further.
Thank you

Customer:

thank you for your help

PK :

You are welcome

PK, Doctor
Experience: MD