Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I wear out my shoes because my feet lean(run over) out. Ive

Customer Question

I wear out my shoes because my feet lean(run over) out. I've gained a lot of weight and now my angles are weak. What is the name of the gadget that I can put in my shoe, under my heels to correct this problem ? I NEED to balance my gait. This is a podiatrist question, so why did I get to neurology drs.?

Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Thomas, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JA
You are in medical not neurology
What is your height and weight?
Have you seen a podiatrist?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have not seen a dr. I have NO medical insurance. I am 5'3" and I weight

208 lbs.

OK
The main problem is the weight
For right now you can get spenco inserts which are the entire shoe, which will absorb all impact and help stabilized the foot.

Any other insert is likely to do more harm than good unless based on measurements, and a podiatrist should do that.

Why the obesity? Have you had your thyroid function checked?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I do not have a thyroid problem. After 30yrs, I got a devorce. Now I am eating out of control. I have no medical coverage and can barely cover my expenses.

Where do I find spenco inserts? What do you mean by entire shoe? Will it fit in my existing shoes including hi heels?

Yes they will fit in the shoe, across the entire bottom
They will absorb all impact.
Use shoes that have a firm heel support and fit well in the heels but not high heels or platforms, and then need to be relatively wide in the front to allow room for the toes and ball of the foot. Basic orthopedic shoes ...not earth shoes or anything distorted.

Any shoe store or shoe section should have the spenco.

You have to get a handle on the out of control eating, you need the correct physical therapy as well. So ideally it would be therapy for the effects of the divorce and also physical therapy.

With this amount of weight there is not a good fix for the situation even with intervention.
Probably the weight is one thing that you do have control over..maybe...which does not necessarily require insurance.

See the Book Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Fuhrman. This is a way to eat that does not involve counting calories at all, reverses any chronic disease tendencies, and causes natural and rapid weight loss, and is a way of eating you can stay on for life. It is simply the correct way to eat.

Let me know if you have further questions. Just use reply if you are not done.

Please rate one of the positive ratings: the only way we are compensated for time and expertise. If you are not done or satisfied, use reply to expert [not poor/negative]. Come back anytime. Bonuses are great…but your satisfaction is my goal.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas