Dr. Robert
Dr. Robert, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S, Experienced Family Physician
8493425

my husband has neck & shoulder pain and it is hard to breathe

my husband has neck & shoulder pain and it is hard to breathe and also dizzy when he moves or when he laying down also chest hurts and stomach
Welcome to justanswer.com and thank you for your question.This is Dr. Robert, I'm so sorry to hear about his problem.
I am going to assist you with your question. First I need a little more information-

Does pain from neck radiates towards shoulder and arm?
How long has this been going on for?
Does he work on computer for long hours?
Since how long he has breathing discomfort?
Does he have any other medical issue?

Kind Regards,
Dr. Robert

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

all symptoms started around 12 this afternoon it also hurts in the sternum area. He has type 2 diabetes , high blood pressure, cholestorol. He did strain himself by pushing a car yesterday. cannot get a straight answer how the pain radiates.

Dear Liz, Thanks for providing the additional information.

Pain in neck and shoulder can occur with Nerve compression or it can be muscle pull. However chest pain, breathing discomfort and dizziness can be related with serious issue.
It is possible that he may be suffering from Angina pain.
Angina usually starts with chest pain or tightness, This pain can be felt as dull, heavy, tight or severe. Also pain and discomfort may spread to your jaw, neck, arms, back or stomach.
Patient feels sick or shortness of breath.

A clinical examination and EKG should be done for diagnosis.
Further management will be advised after clinical examination and tests.
I suggest that you should not delay and get immediate medical care in ER.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.

It’s my goal to provide you with EXCELLENT SERVICE.
Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback.
Thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your time in this matter. kevin also had 2 aspirin and 3 ibuprofon about 40 minutes ago and his feeling a bit of relief right now do you think he should still go to ER. He is a very stubborn and I have been trying to get him to the doctor all afternoon he does have an appointment tomorrow

Dear Liz, I am sorry for late reply and inconvenience.
It is good to hear that he has felt better with painkillers. This indicates, that his symptoms are most likely related with muscle pull or nerve compression.
Yes, you can get him checked tomorrow.

I hope this helps.

Thank you