Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Resident, Family Medicine, American Doc, 5 yrs pre-hospital Emergency Care

I received an abdominal bruise from a metal door handle that

I received an abdominal bruise from a metal door handle that was kicked into me. A week later I have some pain and what feels like a solid lump to the left of actual bruise. The bruise is about three inches above my belly button and a little to the right
Greetings from New York, this is Dr. Jerry E. I'm so glad you asked this question, let me give you some medical information now.

Is there any bruising around the area?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,Yes there was and still is plus two very small puncture marks. No bleeding
Based on what you've told me, you have suffered a severe bruise and now have a hematoma. An uncomfortable, hard lump under the skin after a bad bruise is known as a hematoma.