Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

I take Tikva, a natural supplement for about 5 months to maintain

I take Tikva, a natural supplement for about 5 months to maintain my blood pressure. It does well with my blood pressure, but I do have side effects such as : gas, occcasional diarrhea, and sleeplessness. Is there any other natural supplement I can take which will maintain my blood pressure without these side effects?
HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I need few details. What are your blood pressure levels usually? Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Usually my blood pressure is from120/70 -134/75 I also tried using Levodyn for a while with the Tikva.

Vernalea thanks a lot for your input. First of all i would like to tell you that your blood pressure range is not that high. Specially according to your age your blood pressure is near normal. At such levels the best thing to do is regular exercise. Nothing is better than this. Supplements are not without side effects because mostly they are not approved by FDA. If Tikva is causing problems, just leave it. I will not even recommend Levodyn. In my opinion you should start with exercise (if not doing already) regularly at least for thirty min, no need for over exertion, just do a brisk walk. If you want to take a supplement omega 3 fatty acids are good. You can Get omega 3 through diet like fish,walnuts and cauliflower or you can take it in supplement form. The second option is Garlic. This is available in tablet form or you can just take it in diet. Both of the above are all natural and you can safely take them. But i would like to mention again that your levels are not that high so just relax :) I wish you good luck that you get well soon, please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more and I will be glad to assist you. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated, regards.
Hi Vernalea, How are you , is there anything i can help you with?