Dr. Shah
Dr. Shah, Doctor
Experience:  Years of experience in patients' management.

why do I not have norma lbowel movements

Welcome to JustAnswer!
Thanks for your question. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

How long are you having this problem? is it just a constipation or change in bowel habits? Do you have any other health issues or taking medication? Any symptoms such as dry skin, increase sleep time, increase tiredness, low mood, increase wt etc? Was there any blood test for thyroid?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

change in bowel habit for more than 3 weeks

no blood test for thyroid problem

I have been taking meds for seizure problem and high blood pressure

Do you also have any abdomen pain, cramps or discomfort? Any nausea, abdomen fullness? is it just a constipation or you get alternating diarrhea?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no pain or dis-comfort no nausea or abdomen fullness I just do not even get the urge it is strange but I would love an answer before I do start having serious problems

Thank you for the information.
I am sorry to hear about your ongoing constipation.
Based on your description, it seems like constipation rather than alternative diarrhea/constipation. It is also not associated with any other symptoms at this time. Moreover, this has just started and could be related one of the several factors that are considered as a risk factor for constipation such as low fiber diet, inadequate water, low mobility, increase age, sedentary life. Constipation can also be related to thyroid problems and medication side effect. You can have thyroid function test to rule out such possibility. If you recently started those medication, then medication could be a factor. Before, you just into any conclusion, you must follow conservative measure to improve your diet, daily activities , and life style. It can also be supplemented with laxatives. If the cause is thyroid issues, then treating thyroid problem will resolve your problem.

You can read more about preventing constipation from this link:

Please let me know if you have any specific question for me.