Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS; MD
4079050

Good morning,I hope you had a great weekend. I have been

Good morning,

I hope you had a great weekend. I have been here before, so you may be able to see some of my previous posts. I have the weirdest episodes of blurry/tunnel vision, accompanies with lightheadedness/diziness (not vertigo/not positional), brain fog and sometimes numbness/tingling/sweating of extremities. I sometimes get headaches with it also. However, I do not have flashy lights or see spots or dark spots in my vision.

I do have anxiety, which does not help these episodes. during the past year and a half I have had 3 brain mri (no contrats) - the last one being 2 weeks ago and included a cervical mri....everything was normal dr. said. I have had 3 ekg's and a stress test. All normal. I had a carotid artery ultrasound 1 year ago - normal. Had an eng 1 year ago and all was good....I only had mild nystagmus and mild abnormal saccades (?). Had 2 full eye exams by 2 different ophtalmologists, all normal.

I just saw my GP last week to get my result son my last MRI, and it was all normal. she said my heart was fine and my brain were fine, so there was nothing else she could tell me. she told me we'd just have to wait and see b/c she did not have an answer for me :(. But she reassured me that all teh major things were fine and rules out any major porblems.

I have of course been researching online for the past year, to try to get an answer for these episodes. I always come back to migraines with aura/ ocular migraines. Could this be my problem? Migraines run highly in the women in my family, but they are always bad headaches. I get dull headaches only, and all the eye trouble and diziness I explained above. Any thoughts and help would be appreciated.

thanks

female'26 yrs old
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 1 year ago.

Keeping in mind the results of your tests and your doctor opinion, it is for sure that there is no possibility of any major medical illness. Migraine is not likely also as patients suffering from migraine complain of severe headache.

Similar symptoms as you have mentioned are also frequently reported by patients suffering from anxiety.

I am suggesting you few links below, kindly go through it and let me know your thoughts about the possibility of anxiety disorder in your case.

What does anxiety feel like?

Physical symptoms of anxiety

Thanks

Vikas
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for ur answer. I do have anxiety and have had all those symptoms. However....this is definitely something more. How about migraines with aura but not headache? I have been told those exists....but are rare. Does my visual symptoms sound like that? Thanks a lot
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sara,

I have never seen a patient presenting with the complaints similar to your's and was later diagnosed as a case of Migraine.

Most likely it is not Migraine and pure anxiety. Just to be sure, you can discuss with your GP to start Escitalopram (Lexapro) 10 mg in combination with .25 / .5 mg of Clonazepam (Klonopin) to be taken at night. Within 2-3 weeks you will start noticing improvement in your symptoms and later on the dose of Lexapro can be increased further depending on the clinical symptoms.

As you already have anxiety so there is no harm in starting these medicines and it is very much likely that symptoms such as low dull headache, visual symptoms will also respond to this combination.

Kind regards

Vikas

Please do not rate my answer if your question is not yet fully answered.You can simply ask further by using REPLY button and I will get back to you.If you are satisfied with my answer please rate one of the positive ratings (3,4,5) as this is the only way how we are compensated for our time and expertise.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TThank you. My eye symptoms come and go as they please. Even if I am not stress. Can anxiety really do that??
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 1 year ago.

Yes Sara, it is possible in a patient suffering from anxiety. Fluctuating symptoms involving various body parts are very much common in anxiety.

Kind regards

Vikas

If you are satisfied with my answer please rate one of the positive ratings (3,4,5) as this is the only way how we are compensated for our time and expertise.
Dr. Vikas, Doctor
Experience: MBBS; MD