Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Resident, Family Medicine, American Doc, 5 yrs pre-hospital Emergency Care

My 9yr old daughters right foot is, and has been, swollen for

My 9yr old daughters right foot is, and has been, swollen for a month or so now with little to no pain. At first, I assumed that she may have hurt it playing, but she insisted that it didn't hurt and convinced me by running and jumping on it with no visible pain. I am getting concerned....any ideas?
Greetings from New York, this is Dr. Jerry E. I'm so glad you asked this question, let me give you some medical information now.

Have you noticed any redness or discoloration associated with the swelling? Has she experienced any numbness or tingling in that ankle?

Is the swelling constant? Does activity change the amount of swelling?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Haven't noticed any abnormal redness or discoloration. She hasn't complained of any numbness or tingling at the ankle, nor does she complain of pain while running and jumping, but, if i grab the top of her foot, she seems to feel a small amount of pain. The swelling has been pretty much constant for a month or so and activity does not seem to change the amount of swelling. And, this is only the right foot.

Based on what you have described, she is suffering from a mild sprain. It is common for swelling to persist for up to 8 weeks after the initial sprain. Considering her pain is minimal, you shouldn't fret over her condition. She should begin to notice the swelling reducing within the next week or so.