Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

My heart rate is all over the map blood pressure is 145/99/67,then116/82/61then

My heart rate is all over the map blood pressure is 145/99/67,then116/82/61then 156/82/61then123/90/67 then122/90/67 then122/90/66then135/96/67 I have a slight pain feel tired why is the middle number so high my blood pressure is always right on in 64 years old should I go to the hospital
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 2 years ago.
Good morning.

I can understand your concern - cardiac irregularities are always worrying. You must have spent a tough night deciding the best course of action.

But I would like to reassure you - your symptoms are not so worrying.

You have been having a fluctuation of BP and pulse, but the figures are not so abnormal so as to warrant going to the ER.

Your diastolic pressure of around 90, and sometimes even more, does show that you need treatment for this, since it should preferably be kept under 90.

But you need not go to the ER for this.

Instead consult your Family Physician / Primary Care Physician for this. The ER is more geared towards emergency treatment, whereas you need a patient examination, investigations and long term follow up for this, so it is best to go for a consultation rather than to the ER.

Good that you took an aspirin, that was the right thing to do. For now, try to get the earliest appointment that you can with your doctor.

Take care - hope this shows you the way to go forward - wish you good health.

If my answer has helped you, please click on a four or five star rating, or an 'excellent/good service' rating, depending on what is displayed for you. It is only when you give a high rating that I get credit for my work. Bonus and a good feedback is always welcome.

If you are not yet satisfied, do not go for a lower rating, instead click on the 'continue conversation' button and specify what you feel was left unanswered, I am sure I can help you further.
With regards,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.