Dr. Thomas, MD
Dr. Thomas, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, also Integrative, CAM, etc
24257177

I HAVE SMALL BLACK BUGS ON SCALP & PUBIC HAIR THAT LAY EGG

I HAVE SMALL BLACK BUGS ON SCALP & PUBIC HAIR THAT LAY EGG AT HAIR BASE THAT GROWS UP HAIR STRAND AS A WHITE WORM. WORMS 3/8" FALL FROM HAIR INTO EYES AND SKIN. I HAVE TAKEN IVERMECTIN THAT DID NOTHING. I AM COVERED W/ WHITE WORMS UNDER MY SKIN AND THEY BITE. SOME ARE NOW UP TO 4" LONG. THEY ARE WHITE STRING LIKE WITH A SPADE HEAD. I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING THIS SINCE MAY 2011. CAN YOU OFFER ANY SUGGESTIONS. DRS AROUND HERE KEEP TELLING ME I HAVEN'T BEEN TO A 3RD WORLD COUNTRY AND I HAVE JUST ABOUT GIVEN UP.
Hello from JA
If the worms are this obvious, how many have you collected at this point, if any.
Have you shown any of these to the doctors?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I WAS ABLE TO COLLECT NUMEROUS BUGS BUT HAVE GOTTEN NO WORMS. THEY ARE VISIBLE UNDER MY SKIN. I HAVE TAKEN HAIRS IN W/ WORMS ATTACHED, BUT THEY WERE ONLY GLANCED AT.

OK
so if you can collect these then do this
Collect a number in a half water half alcohol mix.
Collect a number in a dry jar.

Have your doctor call in a lab order and take them directly to the lab for parasite identification.

Only identification is going to
a. prove you have something
b. show how it needs to be treated.
You can not treat blind.

If you have seen a dermatologist the dermatologist should have given you kits to collect these. Which would be the ideal option.

Let me know if you have further questions. Just use reply if you are not done.

Please rate one of the positive ratings: the only way we are compensated for time and expertise. If you are not done or satisfied, use reply to expert [not poor/negative]. Come back anytime. Bonuses are great…but your satisfaction is my goal.

Future questions? Ask for DrThomas in the question title or see my profile to request me. Save my profile to your browser favorites http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas