Dr. Shahzad MD
Dr. Shahzad MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBBS, MD, FCPS.
28323552

I have a swollen left ankle, tender to the touch, and it hurts

Customer Question

I have a swollen left ankle, tender to the touch, and it hurts when I walk and when I put my foot to the ground
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Shahzad MD replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

hi there

Dr. Shahzad MD :

thank you for your question

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I am Dr. Shahzad and will be helping you out with your concerns.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I would like to ask you a few questions before we proceed.
Can you please mention your age.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Do you have any other medical conditions

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Are you on any medications for anything?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Since how long are you having this problem with your ankle?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Have you been to any doctor or tested for this?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Is this ankle warm to touch, I mean warmer than the opposite ankle?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please let me know.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Regards

I would appreciate it if you answer the questions that I posted above so that I can help you out with your question.
Kindest Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it is slightly warm to the touch - I take Mirapex for RLS and that was the first time your questions came up on my screen
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
,Yes, it is slightly warm to the touch - I take Mirapex for RLS and that was the first time your questions came up on my screen
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
,,Yes, it is slightly warm to the touch - I take Mirapex for RLS and that was the first time your questions came up on my screen
I am sorry, I went offline after posting a response to your question.
The main thing right now that comes to mind with your symptoms is arthritis of the ankle joint. There can be many kinds of arthritis but one of the most dangerous of the arthritis is what is called as septic arthritis which can destroy the joint quickly if it is not treated. Other kind of arthritis include those due to gout (which is due to raised uric acid levels), osteoarthritis (which is as a result of degeneration of the joint) and so forth.
The best thing to do is that you should contact your doctor ASAP or go the ER to get this evaluated as you may require tests such as x-ray of the joint, taking fluid out of the joint and sending it to the lab and some blood tests.
Meanwhile you can take a pain killer like Motrin or Aleve for the pain.
Let me know if you have any further questions
Please do rate me for my services when you are done because that is how I am credited by the website.
Regards