Dr Su S
Dr Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

my skin is sore to the touch on the left side of my back and

my skin is sore to the touch on the left side of my back and it spreads round under my arm and onto my right breast. Im taking pain killers but nothing seems to help . Im also so tired and dont want to get dressed or do anything. Im not sleeoing very well because as soon as i move in bed the pain wakes me up. Ive been to my doctors and she said she doesnt know what is wrong with me so just gave me another perscription for pain killers . Do you have any idea what this painfull skin could be ?

How long the pain is there? Is there any other symptom? any redness, swelling? Was any test done? Is there any significant past illness?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i've had the pain for about a week. no other symptoms or redness or swelling. no tests where done. no past illness.
Thank you for the input.

There are a few possibilities. There can be impingement of nerve causing the feeling. This can occur in the spine. This can be affected by posture. When you move in the bed the impingement may be increasing. Neuropathy is another possibility. In nerve pain, gabapentin can be helpful. I would advise to get it checked by doctor again when the symptom is continuing. X ray, scan can be taken for diagnosis.

PLEASE DO NOT RATE MY ANSWER IF YOU NEED TO KNOW FURTHER. If you have any query, please feel free to ask. Please rate my answer as EXCELLENT / GOOD SERVICE when you are satisfied. If you think poor or bad service, then please continue conversation by using REPLY button without rating the answer. This will help me to explain further & satisfy you.