Dr. Jerry E
Dr. Jerry E, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Resident, Family Medicine, American Doc, 5 yrs pre-hospital Emergency Care

Can you get for me the way to get pills that could treat Parkinson

Can you get for me the way to get pills that could treat Parkinson desease.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Jerry E replied 4 years ago.
Greetings from New York, this is Dr. Jerry E. I'm so glad you asked this question, let me give you some medical information now.

Talk to your primary care physician about these:
levodopa is thought to be the most effective drug for controlling symptoms of Parkinson's disease and for many years was the preferred drug for treating newly diagnosed people.5 But because long-term use of levodopa at high dosages often leads to motor complications that can be difficult to manage, sometimes doctors use dopamine agonists (such as pramipexole and ropinirole) to treat people during the early stages of Parkinson's disease. Using these drugs in the early stages of the disease may allow treatment with levodopa to be delayed. But dopamine agonists have more side effects and don't control symptoms as well as levodopa. And in the long term, the same amount of people have motor complications no matter what medicine is used first.1

In general, treatment of early Parkinson's starts with one or more of these medicines:

Apomorphine. This medicine is a fast-acting dopamine agonist used for treating occasional episodes of immobility associated with Parkinson's disease. Apomorphine can be injected under the skin when muscles become "stuck" or "frozen" and you are unable to rise from a chair or perform daily activities.