Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I have 2 bowel movements a day the 1st is always normal shape

I have 2 bowel movements a day the 1st is always normal shape size etc. the2nd one is usually loose with small floaters is this normal?
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and am ready to help.

yes, it is normal to have 2 bowel movements a day. sometimes the second bowel movement can be softer. stool that floats is normal. that means you are eating fiber as fiber can cause increased bulk and less dense stools. that is actually a good thing. keep eating the fiber and eating healthy and get a colonoscopy at age 50.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i guess i worded that wrong my 2nd bowel movement is usually diaharea, is that normal
is your second bowel movement more stool than water or more water than stool?

do you have cramps or pain when you have this second bowel movement?

are you eating different foods at noon or at dinner?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i would say more water than stool its, not always that way but usually 2-3 times a week, sometimes a little cramping, i dont always eat a well balanced diet as a matter of fact hardly ever, and sometimes it feels like water can irratate my stomach at times
then you need to consult a GI doctor. this could simply be irritable bowel syndrome, but it could be a sign of food allergy like allergy to lactose in dairy products or allergy to glutten or allergy to MSG or something else you are eating 2-3 times a week that your bowels are not liking. you should keep a food diary and see what foods and when are causing these afternoon diarrhea episodes. and then bring this diary to a GI doctor and go from there.