Dr. RK
Dr. RK, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice

I am a 71 year old female. Have trouble sleeping. Have very

Customer Question

I am a 71 year old female. Have trouble sleeping. Have very little energy and my get up and go has got up and gone! Medicine that I am on is Morn .calcium -vitd3 (2000iu)- fish oil (2400 mg- 25m zoloft- and Enhaler QVAR 2 puffs morning and night. Night pill 81m aspirin and 1 pravacol tablet on monday night. I have also been taking Ambian after several nights not sleeping....Help me.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,

what is the dose you are taking of zoloft?
how long is the difficulty in sleeping?
did you consult a doctor yet?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
25m zoloft sleeping has been going on for about 3 years, started when my daughter developed breast cancer and had a double mass. that was when I started taking the zoloft......visit my doctor each March and she ran all kinds of blood work
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,

The sleeping difficulty may be due to various causes like depression, anxiety, thyroid problems, and other neurological causes.

The treatment should be aimed at the underlying cause.The cognitive therapy, good sleep habits, daily exercise etc should be done to treat insomnia.

The drugs like zolpidem, alprax, etc may be tried for a short time to treat insomnia.The OTC medication including antihistamines may also be taken for a short time.

The other drug is the melatonin which is available as OTc also helps to treat insomnia in a natural way.you may start with it in a dose of 0.5mg at bedtime.

Here are the link for your more information

melatonin

treatment and lifestyle modification for insomnia

Let me know if you need any more information

Thank you
Dr. RK, Doctor
Experience: M.B.B.S. , over 7 years of experience in the field of Medical practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why am i so tired and have little energy... would like to walk or exercise but run out of fuel. if i do walk, the next day i have no energy at all...
Expert:  Dr. RK replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,

The low energy levels and fatiguebility may be due to various causes lack of sleep, depression, anaemia, inadequate calorie intake, cardiac dysfunction etc.

You should also have the relevant investigations done like 2d-echo of heart, blood counts, sonography of whole abdomen, to know any underlying issue.

The underlying depression may also be associated with loss of interest in life and easy fatigue.The loos of sleep is also associated with these symptoms and once you sleep well the symptoms are likely to improve.

The treatment depends on the underlying cause.The cardiac dysfunction may also cause easy fatiguebility and inability to walk or do heavy exercise.

The other causes should also be ruled out.

Here is link for causes of fatiguebility

causes of fatiguebility

Thank you!