Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS; MD

Almost two weeks ago I started suffering with dizziness, blurred

Almost two weeks ago I started suffering with dizziness, blurred vision, queasiness and solf stools. Approximately the same time I had just ended taking cymbalta that I had been on for about 5 years, This was a systematic procedure - dropping to 20mg from 60 for two weeks and then every other day. Could these symptoms be a result of this. If so what can I do?
Hello Madam,

Assuming that you are physically healthy, If we go by the timing of appearance of these symptoms and your stopping cymbalta, what you are experiencing currently could be withdrawal symptoms

Some patients may find it difficult to stop Duloxetine (Cymbalta) and may experience withdrawal symptoms even after tapering it down and probably you also fall in that category of patients.

If you are able to tolerate these symptoms and they are not severe, a better option would be to wait for a while as most likely, these symptoms should subside by their own within a week or two.

In case, if these symptoms are severe or you are not able to tolerate them a simple strategy could be to ask your doctor to restart 20 mg Cymbalta, take it for a week and then begin tapering down more slowly. For example, you can try taking it every alternate days for 3-5 days followed by taking 20 mg after every 2nd day for another 3-5 days followed by discontinuation.

I hope this helps.

If you have any other query please feel free to ask further.

If you are satisfied with this answer please rate one of the positive ratings as this is the only way how we are compensated for our time and expertise.

Kind regards